AQA EPQ: Appropriate to write 4000 word in ‘Summary and Reflection’ ?

Watch
Samosa and Vada
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do you think they can mark me down or might seem inappropriate considering my product was 7000 word essay?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Samosa and Vada)
Do you think they can mark me down or might seem inappropriate considering my product was 7000 word essay?
What is it you are saying?
Not sure a product is allowed to be a 7,000 word essay?

I thought the essay was 5,000 words and you are contemplating 11,000? You should talk with your teacher, but unless I have it wrong then you are way over.?
Samosa and Vada
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
What is it you are saying?
Not sure a product is allowed to be a 7,000 word essay?

I thought the essay was 5,000 words and you are contemplating 11,000? You should talk with your teacher, but unless I have it wrong then you are way over.?
I believe 5000 word is a guideline. My supervisor didn’t criticise me for the fact that I went over 5000 words.
I believe my Summary and Reflection is going to be quite long because it’s 20% of the project.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Samosa and Vada)
I believe 5000 word is a guideline. My supervisor didn’t criticise me for the fact that I went over 5000 words.
I believe my Summary and Reflection is going to be quite long because it’s 20% of the project.
Ok then but better hope you dont get sent for moderation.
Ridiculous you are allowed to go over by 100%+.
When you get to university it could be anywhere between 0-10%. Normally 5%. After that they ignore it.
CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi, I do EPQ and tbh theres no point. In your summary and reflection you need to be consise and straight to the point so its obvious where u hit the AO's, Im a huge rambler when it comes to the PL but 4,000 just for one section? bit excessive. If you want to be documenting how you've developed you need to be doing that throughout your PL, not just the last section
TerribleGrades
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CinnamonSmol)
hi, I do EPQ and tbh theres no point. In your summary and reflection you need to be consise and straight to the point so its obvious where u hit the AO's, Im a huge rambler when it comes to the PL but 4,000 just for one section? bit excessive. If you want to be documenting how you've developed you need to be doing that throughout your PL, not just the last section
What grade did you get on your EPQ?
CinnamonSmol
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TerribleGrades)
What grade did you get on your EPQ?
I submitted my EPQ in April (or was it February? either way it feels like ages ago!) only people who have failed their project have been told what they recieved, everyone else will find out in August, so I guess I can only say I that I havent failed (hopefully got an A/A* though )
TerribleGrades
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CinnamonSmol)
I submitted my EPQ in April (or was it February? either way it feels like ages ago!) only people who have failed their project have been told what they recieved, everyone else will find out in August, so I guess I can only say I that I havent failed (hopefully got an A/A* though )
sorry I'm on the tsr app and I reported this post when I meant to reply. oops. that's good then I submitted mine in Feb too but didnt find out my grade yet. there's only 3 ppl in my school doing it so if it gets moderated hope it doesn't go down. the summer 2018 epq deadline is may tomorrow. I thought u did the Nov entry (if u did u get your results in Jan, if summer entry, August)
CinnamonSmol
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TerribleGrades)
sorry I'm on the tsr app and I reported this post when I meant to reply. oops. that's good then I submitted mine in Feb too but didnt find out my grade yet. there's only 3 ppl in my school doing it so if it gets moderated hope it doesn't go down. the summer 2018 epq deadline is may tomorrow. I thought u did the Nov entry (if u did u get your results in Jan, if summer entry, August)
(aaaaack nooooo lmao) ooooooh right, gotcha, yeah, we had timetabled lessons so they dragged it out a bit in comparison to most colleges. 3 people doing...damn, no pressure there, why not more?
coffeeaddict777
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am having the same problem, to a lesser degree I think. My dissertation is currently just over 6,000 words including the intro and conclusion and I know that we were told it should be around 5,000 (no more than 5500). I am going to try and cut it down a little bit but this is not including my project reflection at the end. I am currently writing this so I don't know how long this will be yet (it's currently at 600) but my sixth form gave us a long list of things we should include in the reflection so it may be fairly long. oes anyone know whether I will be penalised for this?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (591)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads