The Student Room Group

Is this an effective way to revise?

So before i used to just sit and read textbooks to get in all the information and then i would do past papers. I used to find this really tiring and boring so i changed my revision method.

Basically I'll use the specification and textbook to make a mind map for each topic, filling the entire page. I then highlight the key bits and then throw the mind map away. my logic behind this is that, i will need to revise the topic again anyway which will include making another mind map. I also do exam questions. I take Psychology and Chemistry.

My question is, is this an effective way to revise? should i keep my mind maps and revise from those or keep making mind maps on the same topic?
I keep my mind maps but they are literally key words and important info. I supplement them with condensed notes from my notes given in class and follow up with past paper questions. Its what ever works best for you. Good luck with your exams
Reply 2
Original post by karen193
I keep my mind maps but they are literally key words and important info. I supplement them with condensed notes from my notes given in class and follow up with past paper questions. Its what ever works best for you. Good luck with your exams

Thank you i guess everyone is different :smile:
Original post by Appazap
Thank you i guess everyone is different :smile:

Your more than welcome. I also find using a whiteboard is good for revision. It's really just trial and error
Reply 4
I just read text books like an idiot and get top grades so whatever works for u works for u.

Quick Reply

Latest