The Student Room Group

What makes you wanna dance in nightclubs?!?!

We went clubbing for the 1st time yesterday and it wasn’t for me tbh. At one time I just stood back and i was in amazement watching people rowdily/wildly/crazily dance - especially all the girls dancing and singing like mad as if there were no tomorrow!!!

I thought no way can all these people be drunk - because alcohol is a depressant, and personally every time I drink I get very tired easily and feel very numb. And drinking last night didn’t give me any greater urge to dance than being sober - we just calmly danced at brief periods.

And even if you love the music the club is playing - that alone surely isn’t enough to make you dance wildly?

I thought all of these people must be on ecstasy pills / any other stimulant because they were crazy asf! If they were drunk surely they wouldn’t have the relentless energy to dance in the manner they were?

So what makes you want to dance at clubs? Is my guess correct - that everyone who goes clubbing doesn’t even drink alcohol and just takes stimulant drugs instead?
i dance at clubs and i’ve never touched a drug in my life. so no, that’s not it.

if i dance in a club, it must be something because i do not dance! i do not put myself out there! i am the least showy person. the only reason i do dance in clubs and when i’m out, is because alcohol gives me that confidence to do so.

yes alcohol is a depressant but it also gives people bursts of energy and excitement and confidence. being a depressant isn’t its only effect.
If it's good music then I'll dance regardless. If the music is cr*p then I'll dance if I've had a bit to drink. In those cases I've found it's more fun if I just let go and dance with my friends instead of standing there hating the music.
I used to hate dancing in clubs because I felt self conscious and awkward but after a while I just stopped caring and now I'll dance to anything.
I feel awkward if I'm with people who aren't dancing though. I need people to be on the same level as me.
I personally hate clubbing. But I go anyways because I 'have to fit in' with people. I never buy a drink (£2 for a coke! rip off) so I just take whiskey miniatures with me and drink them straight. Sometimes, I do 'other stuff' in order to pass the time by.

The only reason I dance is for two reasons..

1. I have competitions with friends, who can get the most pulls per night. Hence, I dance to blend in. I typically win :wink:

2. I like to make friends with people well off, so I can benefit from being friends with them. Hence, in an effort to adapt with them socially I dance, showing i'm a 'chill' person to be with.

:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
If it's good music then I'll dance regardless. If the music is cr*p then I'll dance if I've had a bit to drink. In those cases I've found it's more fun if I just let go and dance with my friends instead of standing there hating the music.
I used to hate dancing in clubs because I felt self conscious and awkward but after a while I just stopped caring and now I'll dance to anything.
I feel awkward if I'm with people who aren't dancing though. I need people to be on the same level as me.

pretty much same tbh
Nothing to do with drugs/alcohol. I’ve always danced wildly and sung along to songs stone cold sober at gigs and underage nights since I was a teenager. Probably danced wildly at school discos too when I was a kid. I sometimes dance around my kitchen with my headphones on?! It’s impossible not to dance to a good beat!! I could honestly go clubbing sober if it wasn’t for putting up with all the annoying people around you.
Reply 6
I personally hate clubbing. But I go anyways because I 'have to fit in' with people. I never buy a drink (£2 for a coke! rip off) so I just take whiskey miniatures with me and drink them straight. Sometimes, I do 'other stuff' in order to pass the time by.

The only reason I dance is for two reasons..

1. I have competitions with friends, who can get the most pulls per night. Hence, I dance to blend in. I typically win :wink:

2. I like to make friends with people well off, so I can benefit from being friends with them. Hence, in an effort to adapt with them socially I dance, showing i'm a 'chill' person to be with.

:smile:

Two things i wanna ask if I may:

1) So by point number 1 suggesting you have sex with multiple women on one night if you have competitions to get the most pulls in a night? (Or you mean just making out by the word ‘pulls’)

2) how are you able to make actual proper friends on a night out - like have you literally been able to meet people and arrange to meet them again etc?
Two things i wanna ask if I may:

1) So by point number 1 suggesting you have sex with multiple women on one night if you have competitions to get the most pulls in a night? (Or you mean just making out by the word ‘pulls’)

2) how are you able to make actual proper friends on a night out - like have you literally been able to meet people and arrange to meet them again etc?

I know this isn't directed at me but 'pull' can just be kissing/getting numbers, not necessarily sleeping with them.
At uni it's very easy to make friends on nights out because you have a common connection. In general though it isn't too hard. Can chat to people in the toilets, queue or smoking area and then spend a bit of your night with them hanging out and dancing. Talk about an event you're planning on going to and tell them they should come. Add them on facebook and then from there it's pretty easy to keep it going. It's also likely you'll bump into them again if you like similar clubs.
It's 2 things:

- Music
- People who are doing the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending