Rockstatement
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
I am a first year BA accounting and management student and I am struggling with my course, I had 2 in class exams and they were 20% each in my first exam I got 11/20 which was a MCQ exam and in my second exam I got 1/20 so I really messed up in the second exam as the content was more practical and I couldn’t understand the concepts.

My overall out of 40% was 12%. My module is worth 30 credits and the module requires me to get 50% to move on to the second year. I have an exam in May which is the final and it’s worth 60% so I would need to get around 40% out of the 60% to get an overall of 50%. I am worried that I won’t get the 40% and fail, what should I do?
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You say you didn't understand the concepts for your 2nd exam. I would say you need to either get your head down and work your butt off, go speak to lecturers if you can't understand a concept fully or speak to fellow coursemates. Sometimes hearing a concept explained in a different way to the lecturer, it can all suddenly click into place

If you aren't willing to work hard until after the exams in May, you need to have a thought about whether or not this course is really suited for you.
Rockstatement
Rep:
?
Hi,
Thanks for replying. I am new to accounting and due to the pension strike most of my lecturers were no longer teaching and most of my classes were cancelled. So my second in class test was based on the lectures that were never covered and therefore I had to learn these new topics which I have never done before. I couldn’t even meet him to discuss my difficulties due to the strike thus failing the exam. ( 60% of students failed this exam)
Rockstatement
Rep:
?
(Original post by CTLeafez)
You say you didn't understand the concepts for your 2nd exam. I would say you need to either get your head down and work your butt off, go speak to lecturers if you can't understand a concept fully or speak to fellow coursemates. Sometimes hearing a concept explained in a different way to the lecturer, it can all suddenly click into place

If you aren't willing to work hard until after the exams in May, you need to have a thought about whether or not this course is really suited for you.
Hi,
Thanks for motivating me to work hard, I worked my ass of for the final exam and managed to get a first overall in accounting 😀🙏.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rockstatement)
Hi,
Thanks for motivating me to work hard, I worked my ass of for the final exam and managed to get a first overall in accounting 😀🙏.
No problem! Congratulations
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (109)
14.53%
My mental health (110)
14.67%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.93%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
18%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.87%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.67%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads