username3785560
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,
I was thinking about doing Veterinary Medicine and pursuing it as a career. I take Biology, Chemistry and Psychology, as well as an EPQ at A-Level. Predictions are likely to be between AAA-AAB. I understand the magnitude of work experience required to pursue this - I am dedicating my entire summer holiday to work experience within this field.
At GCSE I obtained 2A* and 7A (and 1B).
I was thinking of applying to RVC, Liverpool, Nottingham, Surrey and Glasgow for Vet Bioscience (in case i dont get in - so i can do graduate vet med)
Do you think there is a chance of me being able to get in?
Many thanks
SherlockMetson
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, absolutely. It's worth going to the open days as the different unis have a very different feel (horse for courses). For wk exp make sure you get a least a couple of different vet practices. (Difficult to get large animal vets so small is fine). Also try lambing/dairy/ equestrian and anything else you can try..ask around..someone unexpected will say...ohh..I know a poultry farmer, or such and such runs a cat sanctuary etc. Get references from all with the dates you have worked there..you will need this. Focus on making your personal statement interesting and a bit different. Read all the admission requirements to make sure you have got paperwk in on time (Rvc!). Leave plenty of time to complete vet school questionnaires following application. Aim high, stay enthusiastic. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (402)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.62%

Watched Threads