The Student Room Group

What grades do I need to do A-level science

I am doing double Science, Maths,English and Sociology. So what will be the minimum grade in each of my subjects to be eligible for A-level science? And is there any problem if i do not get that well grade in subjects that has hardly any relationship with science for example English and Sociology? I am new in this country so do not know much about this.Would be grateful if someone replies.
Do you have any sixth forms or colleges in mind?

Depending on the sixth form or college you apply to, their entry requirements differ. For the most part, other GCSE results don’t matter when determining if you are eligible for a course or not. Although, generally each sixth form and/or college requires a 4/5 in Maths and English to qualify for their school.
It will depend on the college you want to go to, but generally for any of the sciences they will require a grade B or 7, maybe 6 at a push in double science. And since the sciences are quite math heavy I would recommend a grade 6 in maths. English and sociology aren’t really relevant to science, so I wouldn’t stress too much about those (although you should definitely do your best) but most colleges won’t even look at your application if you aren’t predicted to pass english (usually english language is preferred) so you should also aim for at least a 4/5 in english.
[QUOTE="apostasies;76866678"]Do you have any sixth forms or colleges in mind?

Depending on the sixth form or college you apply to, their entry requirements differ. For the most part, other GCSE results don’t matter when determining if you are eligible for a course or not. Although, generally each sixth form and/or college requires a 4/5 in Maths and English to qualify for their school.[/QUOTE Thank you so much
No problem. I agree with maceypalmer, there is a lot of maths involved in the sciences, so a higher grade would be preferable but again it is highly dependent on the school you apply to.
a girl on my chemistry class got in with C/C for a-level science , idk how she convinced them because our schools minimum was B/B

but i recommend go for atleast B/B for science and a Grade B for maths
You need to have Bs for science and usually a B in maths. Although I was allowed to do A Level Biology with a C because I got As in Geography and Health and Social Care x
With a C in maths I should say!
I wouldn't expect anyone who wants to do A Level science to get lower than a B/6 in the sciences themselves

Quick Reply

Latest