The Student Room Group

Sunstroke??

So I’m currently on holiday, I stupidly sunbathed on a roof top pool for about two hours without suncream or drinking any water. (In my defence I cut my toe when getting in the pool and if bled so I had to stay out) anyway I know it was really stupid, but I didn’t burn or anything and I drank loads of water when I got back into the hotel room. However, fast forward to the day after I threw up and felt extremely ill, and then yesterday I went out for a meal, half way through eating mac and cheese I felt like I was going to be sick and was awake the whole night literally feeling like I was on my death bed. Then today I had two bites of a cheeseburger (tiny bites) and felt fine, so I thought I would have toast, and I feel ill again (I literally had one bite of the toast) Im in 38 degree heat. Should I just drink loads of water and not eat until I’m home in two days just so I can enjoy my holiday??
Original post by Beth286
So I’m currently on holiday, I stupidly sunbathed on a roof top pool for about two hours without suncream or drinking any water. (In my defence I cut my toe when getting in the pool and if bled so I had to stay out) anyway I know it was really stupid, but I didn’t burn or anything and I drank loads of water when I got back into the hotel room. However, fast forward to the day after I threw up and felt extremely ill, and then yesterday I went out for a meal, half way through eating mac and cheese I felt like I was going to be sick and was awake the whole night literally feeling like I was on my death bed. Then today I had two bites of a cheeseburger (tiny bites) and felt fine, so I thought I would have toast, and I feel ill again (I literally had one bite of the toast) Im in 38 degree heat. Should I just drink loads of water and not eat until I’m home in two days just so I can enjoy my holiday??

Drink plenty of fluids. You do need to eat. If you don't eat for two days, you're only going to make yourself ill. Eat little and often and see if that helps. Is there any way you can see a doctor?

I'm moving this over to General Health for you as well
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Drink plenty of fluids. You do need to eat. If you don't eat for two days, you're only going to make yourself ill. Eat little and often and see if that helps. Is there any way you can see a doctor?

I'm moving this over to General Health for you as well

Thankyou, and I feel fine until I eat or have the sun on my skin and then I feel ill. I’m home in 2 days and seeing my doctor about something different in 4 days however I will mention it. I keep drinking loads of water but my mouth is still dry and I don’t want to drown my lungs.
Original post by Beth286
Thankyou, and I feel fine until I eat or have the sun on my skin and then I feel ill. I’m home in 2 days and seeing my doctor about something different in 4 days however I will mention it. I keep drinking loads of water but my mouth is still dry and I don’t want to drown my lungs.

If you can just eat little and often, that's better than not eating at all. You'll find you feel worse if you don't eat anything for days. Seeing your doctor in 4 days isn't really going to be of much use. If you think you have heat stroke then you need to see someone because it can actually be quite serious (read about it here: https://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/heatstroke-symptoms-treatment-sunstroke). Is there any chance you've just picked up a bug while you're out there? Either way, you need to make sure you stay hydrated, especially in that kind of heat. Take better care in the sun for the rest of your holiday, so keep to the shade and use sun protection, wear hats etc, and don't overdo it

Quick Reply

Latest