UnknownUKB
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
After reading the pre-release for INFO3 exam 2018, does anyone have any ideas of what topics might come up or any suggestions that teachers have given them?
Mike Wong
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi there, personally I think we should also focus on digging out information from the candidate booklet AQA sent us. feel free to reply as soon as possible because i'm the only student in ICT A-Level.
esmenich
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mike Wong)
hi there, personally I think we should also focus on digging out information from the candidate booklet AQA sent us. feel free to reply as soon as possible because i'm the only student in ICT A-Level.
Hi Mike,

Are you currently studying for the AQA Info 3 A-Level? Would be great to share some ideas and strategies if you'd like.

Let me know...
Mike Wong
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah I am studying AQA Info 3 A-Level, I don't really have any in-depth strategies on how to tackle the paper yet but understand the preliminary material given by AQA would be a good start fyi
agirlstudentlife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi so far i have gone through the prelease and picked out some topics that are used in this interview.
firstly Michelle cheeseman is the CIO which we go over in topic 2 and 3 . questions may be asked with regards to her position and how she has used information that she received to come up with this new PopUp Bank. Being the CIO she's at an executive level.
we can also link texting to benefits of developing technologies
legislation as they must keep personal data safe
ict policies wiht the transfer of data, standards must be put in place.
ANYONE ELSE THAT MAY NEED HELP, PM ME AND I CAN ELABORATE FURTHER
sobinya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by agirlstudentlife)
Hi so far i have gone through the prelease and picked out some topics that are used in this interview.
firstly Michelle cheeseman is the CIO which we go over in topic 2 and 3 . questions may be asked with regards to her position and how she has used information that she received to come up with this new PopUp Bank. Being the CIO she's at an executive level.
we can also link texting to benefits of developing technologies
legislation as they must keep personal data safe
ict policies wiht the transfer of data, standards must be put in place.
ANYONE ELSE THAT MAY NEED HELP, PM ME AND I CAN ELABORATE FURTHER
can you elaborate on 'link texting to benefits of developing technologies' please
sobinya
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also, you would need to know ways to reduce fraud
what is an internet banking?
What is a blockchain technology (idk how to define that if someone can please share)
what is a hot start facility?
what is a green screen system
Mike Wong
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have already received and studied the preliminary material given by AQA which will be used during INFO 3 examination on 11th June. Here is my quick summary of the whole booklet:

- topics related to banking and online banking (PopUP Bank)
- mentioning of CIO (Chief Information Officer)
- the organisation does not have fixed premises (except their head office and a call centre), most of their departments (or "branches" as they've mentioned it in the booklet) run on temporary premises (their fixed costs are lower than other organisations)
- many of their customers make use of internet banking, since they don't have fixed premises and if their customers want to talk face to face, PopUp texts their customers the date and location of meeting (PopUp Session)
- text their customers every time a transaction is made, that's one way of preventing fraud
- they have social conscience, they believe they can achieve this by using technology to provide an efficient and low cost service
- they also aimed to reduce banking fraud, if they can reduce it, their operating costs can be reduced as well
- they have no past customers (customers who can't use internet banking) to worry about
- "no legacy systems to hold us back"
- also they mentioned SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) and blockchain technology (??)
- it was said that blockchain technology is used in financial transactions because these transactions require traceability of payments across many different institutions
- "cuts costs, reduces data duplication and speeds up transactions"
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), now this is seriously something new and I haven't seen this in my coursebook, i would suggest looking deep into this because AQA is very likely to ask something about this
- they also do testing of their hot restart facility every two months (idk what is that but i'll find out)
- the last bit mentioning of Data Protection Act, i assume we should've know a lot about it back in AS level

what i think we should look into:
  • Blockchain Technology?

• Disaster Recovery Program
this is a thread I've started previously
Basically its filled with what I've analysed so far
sobinya
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
this is a thread I've started previously
Basically its filled with what I've analysed so far
Omg ur amazing
Mike Wong
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sobinya)
Omg ur amazing
Haha thx, my analysis contains some business studies information
(e.g. fixed cost, flexible working)

I doubt they will ask questions from the perspective of business since this is an ICT test
Mike Wong
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
About blockchain technology
I found an article related to this information, I'm still skimming the article for information.

https://www.accenture.com/hu-en/insi...ding-real-time
Mike Wong
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This article talks about the GDPR in EU
http://www.itpro.co.uk/it-legislatio...u-need-to-know

I recommend anyone to take a look if your ICT course book is released before 2016 because GDPR was adopted on 14 April 2016

It is likely that AQA might ask "Why do companies need to abide to GDPR" and if the marks for the question is
lets say 10-20 marks
we may need to give examples rather than just explanation
one example we could mention is the Cambridge Analytica Scandal in 2018
Whitbywendy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is another post that talks about the 2018 pre-release. I have posted a Word document on there containing some practice questions you can use for this year's exam. I do not have any answers to the questions before anyone asks - my students have been studying these topics and writing their own answers.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

It is worth going on youtube and searching for videos about blockchain and how it works. We were finding this hard to write about and the videos really helped.

I am hopeful that the 2nd part of the exam paper will use questions from old exam papers. The INFO1 exam last week, that one of my students resat, had questions that were very similar or identical to ones from previous years. If you practice loads of questions from lots of past papers you will be doing yourselves a favour.
sobinya
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
guys I'm gonna start revising for info 3?
Can you help me out *criess*
sobinya
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
?????
Mike Wong
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sobinya)
?????
Try doing these questions, I got them from user "Whitbywendy" and converted the format from docx to pdf

I'm doing it right now
Attached files
Zahra1004
Badges: 0
Report 1 year ago
what is a hot restart facility?
NoNameNOGrade
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zahra1004)
what is a hot restart facility?
A hot restart facility is a site where duplicate system is up and running as a mirror site processing the same live data as the main site at the same time and can be switched to at any point.
blinglum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know much about disaster recovery options because you can talk about backup recovery but what else is there??????????
NoNameNOGrade
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by blinglum)
Does anyone know much about disaster recovery options because you can talk about backup recovery but what else is there??????????
A disaster recovery plan would involve a risk assessment, this highlights all of the elements of a system and ranks how important some elements are compared to others. The risk analysis will identify potential threats to the system, predict the likelihood of that and finally how they will overcome the threat and minimize the chances of it happening.

For all types of data, organisations will set RTO recovery time objective to define the length of time it takes to fully become operational after a crisis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (97)
61.78%
No (60)
38.22%

Watched Threads