Muslims how do you feel about sharia law?

Watch this thread
Poll: Should being gay be illegal?
Yes (9)
18.75%
No (39)
81.25%
Anti-Fem
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I dislike it, I don't think it has any place in modern day society. And some aspects of it are simply barbaric. It's sexist af too, for example i remember reading the quran and it said a woman's witness is worth half a man's.

There are some parts of the quran which were refreshing, such as treating your wife with respect and being nice.

Also the quran doesn't actually tell us to kill any non-believers unless justified, i.e only during war.
k.n.h.
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I don't like Sharia.

Spoiler:
Show

So yh
username3873190
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Very sexist so my answer is No.

I believe in Allah because I don't want to go to hell.
username3720230
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ThyMaster)
Very sexist so my answer is No.

I believe in Allah because I don't want to go to hell.
Very stupid reason to believe in Allah tbh. Reminds me of when people stay in a relationship with a controlling/abusive partner because they are scared of what they would do if they left them.
username3873190
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sameactuallylol)
Very stupid reason to believe in Allah tbh. Reminds me of when people stay in a relationship with a controlling/abusive partner because they are scared of what they would do if they left them.
Not really. Islam makes sense and I don't find any other religion appealing. I also don't want to go to hell.
Anti-Fem
Rep:
Not really. Islam makes sense and I don't find any other religion appealing. I also don't want to go to hell.
I can see where you are coming from. Even if it is sexist, it doesn't prove it's wrong.
mkmittens
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
First of all, Shariah law is NOT barbaric. Sadly, we have people in the world that use Islam as and Shariah law as an excuse to carry out acts of crime. Islam does NOT tolerate this. Shariah laws that follow the hadith and sunnah which are the sayngs and actions of prophet Muhammad pbuh. Prophet pbuh is the best example of islam. He highly respected women and women in Islam have a lot of value.

Messenger of ALLAH (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said : "Take my advice with regard to women : Act kindly towards women , for they were created from a rib, and the most crooked part of a rib is its uppermost . If you attempt to straighten it ; you will break it, and if you leave it alone it will remain crooked ; so act kindly toward women ".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Misuse of Shariah Law does NOT mean that it is barbaric. If follow the actual, correct laws then it provides more justice than what western law is cable of doing.
Hope this changes your perspective of Shariah Law to a more positive one and the way to do that is to have an open minded approach.
username3873190
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anti-Fem)
I can see where you are coming from. Even if it is sexist, it doesn't prove it's wrong.
Erm no this isn't what I meant.

I have studied and searched for various interpretations and my conclusion is that many areas are sexist in Islam. I have a good relationship with Allah and I don't want to go to hell.
Anti-Fem
Rep:

I have studied and searched for various interpretations and my conclusion is that many areas are sexist in Islam. I have a good relationship with Allah and I don't want to go to hell.
So you believe in the quran then.... But because it's sexist, it doesn't mean the points of the quran are invalid.
username3873190
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
So you believe in the quran then.... But because it's sexist, it doesn't mean the points of the quran are invalid.
I have a good relationship with Allah. Many parts are sexist and I don't agree with them.
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The poll question itself is flawed. In the Shariah, feelings are not punished, rather witnessed/confessioned actions are punished.

With regards to Shariah, I accept it and agree with it. I would be happy if it was gradually implemented in Muslim societies with wisdom and good leadership.
mkmittens
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

I am sorry you feel that way but Islam is not sexist. you must have heard this from a sexist person or have researched about Islam from a negative, false perspective because Islam is about equality, not just between genders but between race.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
gr8 law, should be universally applied
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
Also the quran doesn't actually tell us to kill any non-believers unless justified, i.e only during war.
What about apostates?

Good news. Hell probably doesn't exist.

(Original post by mkmittens)
First of all, Shariah law is NOT barbaric. Sadly, we have people in the world that use Islam as and Shariah law as an excuse to carry out acts of crime. Islam does NOT tolerate this. Shariah laws that follow the hadith and sunnah which are the sayngs and actions of prophet Muhammad pbuh. Prophet pbuh is the best example of islam. He highly respected women and women in Islam have a lot of value.
Considering sharia law punishes homosexuals and wants death for apostates, it is barbaric. Don't get it mixed up.

Also muhammed was the best example of islam makes islam look pretty negative in the eyes of some. He wasnt the best to step foot on earth.
username3873190
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I am sorry you feel that way but Islam is not sexist. you must have heard this from a sexist person or have researched about Islam from a negative, false perspective because Islam is about equality, not just between genders but between race.
Please shut up.

I am a Muslim and you are the one who is too scared to question your surroundings. I still believe in Allah but there are many areas in Islam that are sexist.
username3873190
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
gr8 law, should be universally applied
No IB for you.
Anti-Fem
Rep:
Erm no. I actually read an English version of the quran. And it is true, women's witnesses are half the witness of a man's.

The part I was reading was talking about getting a loan. So basically when getting a loan you need either:- 1 man as your witness or 2 women as your witnesses.
Anti-Fem
Rep:
(Original post by Zamestaneh)
The poll question itself is flawed. In the Shariah, feelings are not punished, rather witnessed/confessioned actions are punished.

With regards to Shariah, I accept it and agree with it. I would be happy if it was gradually implemented in Muslim societies with wisdom and good leadership.
So would you agree with the parts of sharia saying women need a male to accompany them outside? or the fact that after a woman gets raped she must marry her rapist? Or that homosexuality is strictly forbiden?

I am Muslim, but i truly believe sharia law has no place. It maybe fine for some Muslims in a country, but what about others in that country? What about the atheists, buddhists, christians and jews? What if they don't follow Islam - aren't you just forcing an idealogy down their throats?

How would you feel if England changed it's laws so you need to follow the old biblical ways?
username3748656
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I know a girl called Sharia.
Anti-Fem
Rep:
(Original post by Sufyaan65)
I know a girl called Sharia.
How do you feel about her?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (53)
26.77%
As I expected (65)
32.83%
Harder (72)
36.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.04%

Watched Threads