The Student Room Group

Muslims how do you feel about sharia law?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S-man10
What about apostates?

Good news. Hell probably doesn't exist.

Considering sharia law punishes homosexuals and wants death for apostates, it is barbaric. Don't get it mixed up.

Also muhammed was the best example of islam makes islam look pretty negative in the eyes of some. He wasnt the best to step foot on earth.

Islam is about equality. Unfortunately there are people who misused ad adapted the shariah law to their advantage e.g. punishing homosexuals which Islam does not tolerate because that is an act of discrimination, not equality.

I don't see why Prophet pbuh makes Islam look negative when he even treated the people who hated him well and with respect. :frown::confused: If he wasn't the best person to step their land on foot then who is.
Original post by mkmittens
Islam is about equality. Unfortunately there are people who misused ad adapted the shariah law to their advantage e.g. punishing homosexuals which Islam does not tolerate because that is an act of discrimination, not equality.

I don't see why Prophet pbuh makes Islam look negative when he even treated the people who hated him well and with respect. :frown::confused: If he wasn't the best person to step their land on foot then who is.

ummm, you do realise there are currently 11 countries that execute any known apostates? And major islamic countries also prosecute homosexuals. I'm not sure how scholars who have studied islam for their entire lives are wrong.

There is explicit hadith and verses which says to punish homosexuals. These are islamic scholas talking, not me.

Plenty of people. Who is the "best" is subjective.

Muhammed wasn't exactly all that innocent. He was a bit of a warmonger. There is also the fact that he married a 6 year old and had sex with her when she was 9. Not a lot of people like that.
Original post by ThyMaster
Please shut up.

I am a Muslim and you are the one who is too scared to question your surroundings. I still believe in Allah but there are many areas in Islam that are sexist.

Oh please :rolleyes:, if you really are a muslim and not a troll pretending to be a muslim, then you wouldn't even be questioning the high value for women in Islam.
Just because there are muslims who disrespect women and misinterpret the quran doesn't mean the quran tolerates and preaches mistreatment of women.
My advice to you is READ the quran with an open mind, that way you won't be 'scared of going to hell.'
Reply 23
Oh please :rolleyes:, if you really are a muslim and not a troll pretending to be a muslim, then you wouldn't even be questioning the high value for women in Islam.
Just because there are muslims who disrespect women and misinterpret the quran doesn't mean the quran tolerates and preaches mistreatment of women.
My advice to you is READ the quran with an open mind, that way you won't be 'scared of going to hell.'

LMFAO you literally didn't reply to my comment, but instead because you weren't able to give justification you resort to emotional manipulation...
I voted yes.
Reply 25
Original post by pineappleexpres
I voted yes.

Somebody stop this madman! :lol:
Original post by Anti-Fem
How do you feel about her?

She's dead.
marriage-and-the-family-in-islam-2-728 (1).jpg
Original post by S-man10
ummm, you do realise there are currently 11 countries that execute any known apostates? And major islamic countries also prosecute homosexuals. I'm not sure how scholars who have studied islam for their entire lives are wrong.

There is explicit hadith and verses which says to punish homosexuals. These are islamic scholas talking, not me.

Plenty of people. Who is the "best" is subjective.

Muhammed wasn't exactly all that innocent. He was a bit of a warmonger. There is also the fact that he married a 6 year old and had sex with her when she was 9. Not a lot of people like that.

First of all, I can't speak for the people who have carried out these horrific crimes against homosexuals. I am a muslim and a LGBT supporter. And as for those so called scholars, they must have misinterpreted the teachings of Islam or learnt Islam from the wrong people.

The fact your throwing false facts of the prophet pbuh assaulting a 6yr old wife is disgusting and upsetting. If you don't bother doing thorough research then why throw hurtful, false facts around. He never married a 6 yr old and he treated ALL is wives with respect,
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) advised men:
"The best amongst you, are the best for their wives, and I am the best of you for my wives." (Tirmidhi)
Something even men in the 21st Century struggle to do with their wives or partners.

So in future, please be mindful of what you say and research these sensitive topics using reliable sources and be open minded. Twisting facts or stating outright lies as facts is not cool (I'm talking about your 'fact' about the prophet pbuh).
Homosexuality shouldn't be illegal. Cos that forces homos to hide their sexuality, which religiously is good but they hide this in fear of persecution in legal terms. However making it legal spices it up, cos for those who have patience this is a consensual choice being a muslim, so rewards are fruiter if you get my flow. If you disobey, may Allah help you.

Lots say Sharia law is bad. Thats your opinion dcr. But Allah is the best of planners, his plan is the best. So although our small brains may think its a stupid law, we are merely a creation of Allah, nothing more nothing less. He created this law and many things with life our small minds may never fully understand. Just like heaven is a place no mind has ever thought of, no eye has seen and no ear has heard.

imo if shariah law was implemented its for sure a deterrent for all the criminals, dunno about you but I dont want my hand chopped for stealing (conditions apply ofc)- but it'll keep everyone in check instead of tax-payer prisons.
LMFAO you literally didn't reply to my comment, but instead because you weren't able to give justification you resort to emotional manipulation...

I wasn't even replying to your comment LMFAO.
BTW I was stating fact, not using emotional manipulation. There's a BIG difference between the 2.
Just who wants to implement laws that are based around the 7th century? It's not compatible with modern society.
So would you agree with the parts of sharia saying women need a male to accompany them outside?

I have not looked into this issue in depth, so I only know for certain about longer journeys requiring men; nonetheless, whatever the correct ruling is, I accept it.

or the fact that after a woman gets raped she must marry her rapist?

This is not in the Shariah. This was due to loopholes in modern Arabian criminal law (which is not Shariah). Anyone found guilty of rape would be punished very severely according to Shariah.

Or that homosexuality is strictly forbiden?

Acting on homosexual feelings is forbidden; people cannot control how they feel - similarly, a single heterosexual man cannot go around kissing girls and having sexual relations just because of his feelings, because this too is forbidden, yet his feeling is not Haram in of itself.

I am Muslim, but i truly believe sharia law has no place.

This is a statement of Kufr - I would advise you read the Qur'an in a language you understand, and I advise you to reflect and pay specific attention to verses about the People of Book who neglected the teachings and laws of the messengers sent to them, and how Allah (SWT) has condemned them as disbelievers.

It maybe fine for some Muslims in a country, but what about others in that country? What about the atheists, buddhists, christians and jews? What if they don't follow Islam - aren't you just forcing an idealogy down their throats?

The example and precedent of the Khulafah Rashideen is that they made agreements with areas where there were People of the Book (Christians and Jews) that they would allow them to continue to apply certain Biblical rules to themselves.
With regards to other groups, it is simply applying a legal system to a people much like a legal system is enforced in the UK; I disagree with alcohol and gambling and extra-marital sexual relations, but does my opinion matter in the UK? Clearly not - I have to live with it, and so would other groups living within a Shariah run state. This is the way the world works; unless it is only a bad thing when Muslims do something?

How would you feel if England changed it's laws so you need to follow the old biblical ways?

If the UK did that, then perhaps it would be better in some ways here; though the original Biblical laws cannot be verified to be completely in tact, so it would be an incomplete legal system. In any case, you would have to clarify and define what Biblical law is, considering we are not Jews/Israelites, and Christians understand the Old Testament differently to them.
Original post by ReadySalted28
Homosexuality shouldn't be illegal. Cos that forces homos to hide their sexuality, which religiously is good but they hide this in fear of persecution in legal terms. However making it legal spices it up, cos for those who have patience this is a consensual choice being a muslim, so rewards are fruiter if you get my flow. If you disobey, may Allah help you.

Lots say Sharia law is bad. Thats your opinion dcr. But Allah is the best of planners, his plan is the best. So although our small brains may think its a stupid law, we are merely a creation of Allah, nothing more nothing less. He created this law and many things with life our small minds may never fully understand. Just like heaven is a place no mind has ever thought of, no eye has seen and no ear has heard.

imo if shariah law was implemented its for sure a deterrent for all the criminals, dunno about you but I dont want my hand chopped for stealing (conditions apply ofc)- but it'll keep everyone in check instead of tax-payer prisons.

Could not have said it better myself.:h:
Reply 33
Original post by Zamestaneh
I have not looked into this issue in depth, so I only know for certain about longer journeys requiring men; nonetheless, whatever the correct ruling is, I accept it.

This is not in the Shariah. This was due to loopholes in modern Arabian criminal law (which is not Shariah). Anyone found guilty of rape would be punished very severely according to Shariah.

Acting on homosexual feelings is forbidden; people cannot control how they feel - similarly, a single heterosexual man cannot go around kissing girls and having sexual relations just because of his feelings, because this too is forbidden, yet his feeling is not Haram in of itself.

This is a statement of Kufr - I would advise you read the Qur'an in a language you understand, and I advise you to reflect and pay specific attention to verses about the People of Book who neglected the teachings and laws of the messengers sent to them, and how Allah (SWT) has condemned them as disbelievers.

The example and precedent of the Khulafah Rashideen is that they made agreements with areas where there were People of the Book (Christians and Jews) that they would allow them to continue to apply certain Biblical rules to themselves.
With regards to other groups, it is simply applying a legal system to a people much like a legal system is enforced in the UK; I disagree with alcohol and gambling and extra-marital sexual relations, but does my opinion matter in the UK? Clearly not - I have to live with it, and so would other groups living within a Shariah run state. This is the way the world works; unless it is only a bad thing when Muslims do something?

If the UK did that, then perhaps it would be better in some ways here; though the original Biblical laws cannot be verified to be completely in tact, so it would be an incomplete legal system. In any case, you would have to clarify and define what Biblical law is, considering we are not Jews/Israelites, and Christians understand the Old Testament differently to them.

"That's the thinking of a Kufr" <- This is such a childish statement, it's the same as "if you don't agree with me, then your a bad person". Also your idea of making only Muslims follow sharia law is ridiculous, what if you were Muslim but didn't want to follow sharia, but wanted to follow western laws?

Also you didn't pick up on my point of women not being allowed to go outside with a male.

Note too, your saying gays shouldn't be allowed sexual freedom then. A gay man can have those feelings, but can never act upon them? Thats a terrible thing and imo too controlling. Homosexuality is genetic too, lots of animals in nature exhibit homosexualitiy - so it clearly isn't a man made construct. Do you think if a gay man acts on his feelings, he should deserve death?

My only purpose was to make clear of nay misconceptions made about Islam, not spread any for of hate.
My question to you is why start this thread in the first place. Let people feel however they want to feel about the Shariah Law. Plus, Muslims are already get a lot of hate from the media light the flame for more hatred to be spread by spreading misconceptions of Islam.
Reply 35
My only purpose was to make clear of nay misconceptions made about Islam, not spread any for of hate.
My question to you is why start this thread in the first place. Let people feel however they want to feel about the Shariah Law. Plus, Muslims are already get a lot of hate from the media light the flame for more hatred to be spread by spreading misconceptions of Islam.

Where is the misconception? All I did was state facts. And don't give me that "muslims already recieve enough hate" bs. That's like me saying "Nazis already get enough hate guys, lets just agree with the Nazi once". Stop using victim cards, and start using facts.
How tf can you believe in Islam if you think its sexist? :lol:

First of all, I can't speak for the people who have carried out these horrific crimes against homosexuals. I am a muslim and a LGBT supporter. And as for those so called scholars, they must have misinterpreted the teachings of Islam or learnt Islam from the wrong people..

You maybe, but homosexuality is a crime in many countries. These are laws directly derived from the quran and sunnah. Here is an entire ruling from scholars on homosexuality, provided with evidence from the quran and tafsir: https://islamqa.info/en/10050

The fact your throwing false facts of the prophet pbuh assaulting a 6yr old wife is disgusting and upsetting. If you don't bother doing thorough research then why throw hurtful, false facts around. He never married a 6 yr old and he treated ALL is wives with respect,
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) advised men:
"The best amongst you, are the best for their wives, and I am the best of you for my wives." (Tirmidhi)
Something even men in the 21st Century struggle to do with their wives or partners.

I didn't actually mention he assaulted her. I said he married her and had sex with her when she was 9. Here is the hadith:

Sahih Bukhari 5:58:236 Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

This is an authenticated hadith virtually accepted by every scholar, btw. Do you disagree with it?

So in future, please be mindful of what you say and research these sensitive topics using reliable sources and be open minded. Twisting facts or stating outright lies as facts is not cool (I'm talking about your 'fact' about the prophet pbuh).

See above.
"That's the thinking of a Kufr" <- This is such a childish statement, it's the same as "if you don't agree with me, then your a bad person". Also your idea of making only Muslims follow sharia law is ridiculous, what if you were Muslim but didn't want to follow sharia, but wanted to follow western laws?

Allah has decreed us the book of law which we are taught to implement in this world. In this case, the western law- so we have to respect it as the Prophet Muhammed, peace and blessing be upon him narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “It is necessary upon a Muslim to listen to and obey the ruler, as long as one is not ordered to carry out a sin.

Stating Shariah law has no place somewhat contradicts a belief as a muslim and shouldn't be said hastily, although no one is to judge. This is Allah's decree remember. Although, I find myself not being very knowledgeable in Shariah aspects of the law, so best is to research into it further as well as perhaps remaining impartial until you do know more instead of basing beliefs on biased views or extreme laws one may hear. E.g. cutting a hand of a thief seems pretty extreme, but if you look into it there are many, many terms and conditions which need to be applied before this step is taken which amazed me as I was unaware. So for sure, more research is always healthy.

Learn the difference between the term Kufr and Kafir.
This is not childish - this is core Islamic belief. If a person does not want to follow Shariah, then they have the seed of disbelief in their heart - if they persist in this belief, they are not Muslim. This is why I advise reading the Qur'an.

Also you didn't pick up on my point of women not being allowed to go outside with a male.

Reread my post.

Note too, your saying gays shouldn't be allowed sexual freedom then. A gay man can have those feelings, but can never act upon them? Thats a terrible thing and imo too controlling. Homosexuality is genetic too, lots of animals in nature exhibit homosexualitiy - so it clearly isn't a man made construct. Do you think if a gay man acts on his feelings, he should deserve death?

I do not care what you think, frankly. God has greater knowledge and wisdom than mankind, so we follow His rules and we submit to Him. The reason why it is an act of Kufr to want other laws other than Shariah or have morals which oppose Islamic morals is because you are basically implying you are better or more knowledgeable than the All Knowing, the All Wise.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending