mistakess
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm really struggling to revise for Literature (AQA)
I'm doing Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict Poetry.
I don't know what to learn, like themes quotes I'm just confused.
Anyone help??
deanoru
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i'm doing an inspector calls, and i would suggest revising quotations for all the characters as well as social class, responsibility, gender, old vs young, and the importance of time. also, a lot of the themes overlap so if you revise those you should be good for the exam! if you need any more help feel free to message me
HettiBetti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by deanoru)
i'm doing an inspector calls, and i would suggest revising quotations for all the characters as well as social class, responsibility, gender, old vs young, and the importance of time. also, a lot of the themes overlap so if you revise those you should be good for the exam! if you need any more help feel free to message me
Help me!!!
HettiBetti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mistakess)
I'm doing Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict Poetry.
Anyone help??
Girl...English Lit is disgusting, deceitful, and animalistic!!! I hate it..I got a 5 in my recent year 11 mock aaa!!! I am doing everyhting you are except a christmas carol..instead I am doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!!!
mistakess
Rep:
?
(Original post by HettiBetti)
Girl...English Lit is disgusting, deceitful, and animalistic!!! I hate it..I got a 5 in my recent year 11 mock aaa!!! I am doing everyhting you are except a christmas carol..instead I am doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!!!

TRUST MEE, I hate itttt I got a 4 :/ and I defo need to improve that
HT2412
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Identify key themes within each of the texts and then find quotes to match each theme. 4/5 for every key theme should be enough. Make a comment on each quote regarding how they link to the theme and mentioning a contextual factor if you can.

For poetry, make a flashcard for each poem with a comment about the use of language (2/3 quotes you can analyse) form (wrote in quatrains, blank verse, ABBA rhyme scheme) and structure (use of punctuation etc.)

Hope this helps.
HettiBetti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TRUST MEE, I hate itttt I got a 4 :/ and I defo need to improve that
Oh we both need help..Girl!!
mistakess
Rep:
?
(Original post by HT2412)
Identify key themes within each of the texts and then find quotes to match each theme. 4/5 for every key theme should be enough. Make a comment on each quote regarding how they link to the theme and mentioning a contextual factor if you can.

For poetry, make a flashcard for each poem with a comment about the use of language (2/3 quotes you can analyse) form (wrote in quatrains, blank verse, ABBA rhyme scheme) and structure (use of punctuation etc.)

Hope this helps.
Thank you, I will defo try. I need all the help I can get.
Kai Faulkner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an 8 & 7 in my mocks for Macbeth & Conflict Poetry / Never Let Me Go & War Of the Worlds respectively without reading the books, and to be honest the key is to look up some quotes, remember the vague idea of them and then go in and BS to your hearts content. Make sure to focus on close language analysis of individual words and their effects and try to learn what the questions are asking for. Your quotes don't need to be exact because the likelihood that an examiner will know the texts well enough to not give the quote are extremely low so just remember the idea of some quotes and then you can also twist the exact words for what would work best with your analysis.
Zahra_2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zahra_2001)
I'm attaching you some quotation banks for Macbeth, an inspector calls and power and conflict (made by my teachers) I don't have a Christmas carol one cuz I do Jekyll and Hyde instead. just learn all the quotes in those banks maybe some extra stuff I think r useful also watch Mr bruff on YouTube he's so good.
plus use petal structure foe your answers
P point
E evidence
T technique
A analysis
L link (context etc.)
hope this helps
Anyone help??
Anyone help??
I'm attaching you some quotation banks for Macbeth, an inspector calls and power and conflict (made by my teachers) I don't have a Christmas carol one cuz I do Jekyll and Hyde instead. just learn all the quotes in those banks maybe some extra stuff I think r useful also watch Mr bruff on YouTube he's so good.
plus use petal structure for your answers
P point
E evidence
T technique
A analysis
L link (context etc.)
hope this helps
EDIT: I'm trying to attach them but don't know how
Kuchan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zahra_2001)
plus use petal structure for your answers
P point
E evidence
T technique
A analysis
L link (context etc.)
hope this helps
EDIT: I'm trying to attach them but don't know how
Could you send me the quote banks privately? Text me or reply if you can and I will give you my email.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (213)
52.85%
No (190)
47.15%

Watched Threads