The Student Room Group

Do guys not like girls who have political views?

If so, why?
Thats a really stupid question I don't even know how to reply....
Reply 2
This guy seems to be uninterested (I think) after finding out about my political views.
everyone has some sort of political views if you dont your'e in the wrong country
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Thats a really stupid question I don't even know how to reply....

Well you needn't have replied at all then
This guy seems to be uninterested (I think) after finding out about my political views.

Maybe some people don't agree with your political views, so they might not want to talk to you. Which they have every right too. Don't see why it's a problem?
I do not like anyone with strong political opinions.
Everybody has political views of some sort.
Reply 8
Original post by WreakingHavoc
everyone has some sort of political views if you dont your'e in the wrong country

No, not everyone. So many girls I know (19 y/o's) don't really care about politics and many probably have a shallow interest / one that isn't genuine - i.e. can be seen by random shares of political stuff now and again on fb.

I have strong political views, though. But not the in-your-face type.
Reply 9
Some guys do, some guys don't.

Conflicting views on politics may be seen as a deal breaker for some people.
I find it really attractive when a girl has strong political views that she is not afraid to defend. If a girl seems indifferent about politics it comes across as really ignorant.

I only find it unattractive when girls feel so strongly that they can't keep their cool during a reasonable debate - that comes across as a little obnoxious - and when don't debate well lol. I remember debating with this girl I use to be into about whether or not you could be racist to a white person. She seemed insistent that racism required power, which white people have, which was a fair argument, but she got really angry. She seemed to miss that the only difference in our beliefs was not on the place of different races within our society, but how we defined the word. Things like this turned me off her in the end.

But overall, I would consider it a massive turn off if a girl didn't consider herself a feminist, or didn't have a view on who should win the next election etc.

I guess I might also be turned off by a girl's political views - ie being a tory.
(edited 5 years ago)
Well you needn't have replied at all then

I couldn't help it. didn't think anyone thought that having opinions and thinking is unattractive

Now that you explained..I think its more to do with what your opinions are. Maybe they just don't align with his political opinions
Original post by PopeIsDead
Maybe some people don't agree with your political views, so they might not want to talk to you. Which they have every right too. Don't see why it's a problem?

I would say that my kind of political views are more humanitarian than political, though. I mean, mine is the spreading truth/rooting out lies in mainstream media type (with evidence).
It's probably not that you have political views, more that he disagrees with the ones you do have. Could be something else though, correlation doesn't always equal causation.

Despite what guys think, you should 100% have political views and vote and stuff. Whatever those views are, it's important to take interest and to have passion about the society you're a part of. If a guy doesn't like that then he's the wrong guy for you.
No OP it really is a dumb ****ing question
with an oblivious answer...
-some do some don’t
-depends on the political view. A male with strong left wing communist views probably won’t support right wings views
-Political Views can show a lot about some people; if your boyfriend is an alt-right bro-nazi with a “kill blacks. White supremacy” tattoo on his forehead then...well I hope you get the idea
Political people are a no no for me because they always want to force their opinion down my throat and argue until they force you to agree just to shut them up lol Also because i wear a headscarf they think that this allows them to come over and debate me on the politics of muslims in the uk , i dont know anything about that stuff but im a suspicion to them that they wanna bait out loool f politics everyone is human
If so, why?

I would say if they are opposite, then it is a negative because it probably conflict.
If they were an activist, then probably not either as I avoid conflict. Nearly as difficult as someone who is extremely religious.

It would partly depend how intelligent and how much I liked them, but overall its a negative, especially if their views and understanding were flawed.
I prefer objectivity.
Original post by crocodile_ears
Whatever those views are, it's important to take interest and to have passion about the society you're a part of. If a guy doesn't like that then he's the wrong guy for you.

the political views i'm referring to are not in regards to my own society. they're about Syria
As long as she doesn’t have some far right ideas, it’s all good🤤💯
Reply 19
I do a politics degree, so if any girl wants to talk politics with me go ahead i'm all ears

I don't see why having political views would make you in some way less attractive no matter how extreme... to me it's great because it shows they have an interest in something

Left wing, right wing go nuts

Quick Reply

Latest