I'm failing A Levels

Watch this thread
susan5
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in Year 12, and I do the subjects Maths, Physics, Art, and EPQ.
right now my grades are at 2Ds and an E (in maths) and I don't know what to do; because of my anxiety if I don't understand something even after trying to I break down and start thinking that I'm going to fail everything.

I study, and I know I could study more but I don't know how, for maths and physics I practice those past paper questions but half of them I don't even understand, so I don't know what to do from there, and Art I just need to continue with my work and I should get atleast a B by the end of year 13. I picked maths and physics because I genuinely loved those subjects during GCSEs, but right now I feel like I'm going to end up failing miserably, I wanted all As at the end of the two year course, but now id be lucky to even get Cs. Please help.
InfiniteWill
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I can help with maths and physics if you do:
Edexcel maths. -> Predicted A for yr12
OCR A Physics. ->Predicted B for yr12

If you prefer working alone, then go through the content first and practice the questions in the textbook. Then move onto past papers. You do need to work hard and longer during day and some night to catch up real fast. If you do, your end prize will be AA
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
so i don't do those a-levels but since i do science a-levels aswell and i think the best piece of advice i can give you is that you should use your teachers as much as possible in order for you to understand the questions

go to their classroom one lunchtime and they will most likely sit down with you and go through it with yo till you understand

heck it doesn't even need to be your teacher find anyone in the topic department to help,we're all in exam season now so if anytime is good nough to go ask for help directly from teachers , now is the time

gl
Hasham123
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I recommend going through your notes and then doing questions from physicsandmathstuter.com then marking them and revise what you got wrong

Aqa physics predicted A for year 12
Aqa maths predicted A for year 12
NukaCola
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Relatable, I do Maths/Physics along with Chemistry and Biology (thanks parents). Any help would be appreciated!
Anomomomomo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
same here bio chem maths epq, was a top level gcse student and now... BDE prediction
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (43)
29.45%
It went fairly well (65)
44.52%
It didn't go too well (25)
17.12%
TERRIBLE! (13)
8.9%

Watched Threads