The Student Room Group

How Do I Revise GCSE English Literature?

Really struggling with English Literature. I haven't made any notes and there is just over a month until exam season. Could anyone please give me revision techniques that are fast and efficient. I am aiming for a grade 6
id say learn the quotes and watch Mr bruff on YouTube also do past papers
If you know the texts you're studying, and how to talk about them, you'll be fine. Assuming you're doing AQA, I'd recommend the CGP guides for each of your texts, it tells you about everything you need to know (context, characters, themes etc). Also I agree with Zahra, mr bruff is an absolute ledge
What im doing currently is making flash cards for each novel/play/poem. Im doing the Power and Conflict cluster of poems, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Macbeth and Inspector Calls. Im making flashcards for each theme, scene, character quotes etc.

For poems im printing off blank poems and analysing them and then I compare it with the one in my revision book and see what I can add etc.

Its all about REMEMBERING things just try and get things stuck in your head
Reply 4
Original post by adilhm
Really struggling with English Literature. I haven't made any notes and there is just over a month until exam season. Could anyone please give me revision techniques that are fast and efficient. I am aiming for a grade 6

I'm naturally good at English I never really revised for it but when it got close to exams I just did past papers, they're one of the quickest ways to revise English IMO

Quick Reply

Latest