The Student Room Group

Warwick BSc Management or UCL Management science

Which one is the best? And for what reason ? Really need some help

I saw that UCL has a better overall reputation
But when it comes to business related subjects I saw wbs is in the top 20 whereas UCL isn’t in any business schools rankings

Could you confirm this ?
Original post by victor999

But when it comes to business related subjects I saw wbs is in the top 20 whereas UCL isn’t in any business schools rankings

Could you confirm this ?

Depends on your career path ambitions,

Warwick is your more classical management type degree. With a couple of maths modules.

Management Science is your full blown future quants training degree.

Both can makes you alot of money,

However with management science you could easily qualify to do a masters in finance or maybe even business economics...

A simple management degree doesnt qualify you this rigiourously in maths.

As i do international management at Nottingham, which follows the same structure as at Warwick.
Reply 2
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Depends on your career path ambitions,

Warwick is your more classical management type degree. With a couple of maths modules.

Management Science is your full blown future quants training degree.

Both can makes you alot of money,

However with management science you could easily qualify to do a masters in finance or maybe even business economics...

A simple management degree doesnt qualify you this rigiourously in maths.

As i do international management at Nottingham, which follows the same structure as at Warwick.

I don't want to do a master in finace or business economics I'm quite sure I would like to do a master in management.
With this in mind which one do you think is the best ?
I don't want to do a master in finace or business economics I'm quite sure I would like to do a master in management.
With this in mind which one do you think is the best ?

Likely Warwick... its the more classical management course, if you dont really enjoy maths, you wont enjoy management science and UCL for three years will really hurt financially.

London is simply not the best student city unless your loaded... then its the best city in the world regardless lol.
Reply 4
Actually I quite like maths , the thing that i just want to do a master in management ? So according to you WBS would be better in order to do a MSc in management in the future ?
I plan to do GMAT and apply to LBS so WBS would be better for that ?
Actually I quite like maths , the thing that i just want to do a master in management ? So according to you WBS would be better in order to do a MSc in management in the future ?
I plan to do GMAT and apply to LBS so WBS would be better for that ?

Both will position you well, it just depends im not sure how quantative the course at LBS is, that will be tough regardless, btw are you aware of the cost of a MiM at LBS? 30K if i remember correctly lol.
Reply 6
Both will position you well, it just depends im not sure how quantative the course at LBS is, that will be tough regardless, btw are you aware of the cost of a MiM at LBS? 30K if i remember correctly lol.

I didn't know that it was that expansive but it's ok

so just to verify I didn't misunderstand you: without speaking about LBS, you think that for a MSc in management generally speaking , WBS would be better ?
I didn't know that it was that expansive but it's ok

so just to verify I didn't misunderstand you: without speaking about LBS, you think that for a MSc in management generally speaking , WBS would be better ?

Honestly you can do both with both,

What you wont be able to do with regular management at Warwick is anything masters related thats heavily quantative.

So if that isnt your goal then I think Warwick would be better.
Reply 8
Honestly you can do both with both,

What you wont be able to do with regular management at Warwick is anything masters related thats heavily quantative.

So if that isnt your goal then I think Warwick would be better.

ok thanks i think im gonna chosse wbs then
also I think that given the fact i want to build my start up after doing MSc i think that wbs would be better as it seems more entrepreneurship orientated than UCL , not much either than UCL but still a little more . Am i right about that ? I m not sure

but anyway as i want to do MiM i m gnna go w/ wbs
Reply 9

Could you confirm this ?

WBS BSc Mgt has more options in 2nd and 3rd year of study, you can choose across Management, Finance, Marketing or mix and combine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending