How long do people spend revising? Watch

mfinah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m doing my GCSEs this year and I’m wanting to do about 4 hours revision a day (it’s the easter holidays atm) but I’m staying at my dad’s house for a few days and it’s making me super anxious because I’m only getting 2 hours max done a day and I’m out of my normal environment.

How many hours are people doing atm? Should I be panicked that I’m not doing enough? I’m definitely starting 4 hours on Monday when I get back home!

Replied would be appreciated, thank u
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

theoptimistic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi ,
My best advice would be to try not to stress because it already seems like you’re very motivated and those 4 hours will allow you to get a lot done than other people who say they’ve studied a whole day straight.
It depends on everyone how much time they spend revising. Some people feel they do their best when they revise constantly for a long time only when they’re near to their exams. If you feel like you’ve been revising the whole year and you only need a brush up on the main topics and more practice, then 4 hours a day would seem more than enough.
Try and relax too because you don’t want to use up all your energy during the holidays.( I’m saying this although I’m pretty stressed for my Higher exams - not sure what the English equivalent of that is)
But I sat my Nat 5s last year which is nearly the same as GCSEs and I got all As even though I didn’t revise much during Easter
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%