Triple science 9-1 spec 2018 exams!!!!!!! Watch

illsurvive
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm just wondering if the specimen papers AQA released for the higher triple science exams accurately reflect the difficulty level of the actual exams in the summer? I just finished my March mocks and they were incredibly hard, with lots of maths included... I really hope the exams will be easier; do any of you know if the papers AQA released as specimen papers are easier/harder/same difficulty level as our actual GCSE exams? Thanks in advance
Revision Boiii
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My teacher said that the difficulty will be the same but the grade boundary will be much lower. I got 6 in sciecne what about you?
Revision Boiii
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
By the way, congrats on your first post 😃😂
illsurvive
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bathila)
My teacher said that the difficulty will be the same but the grade boundary will be much lower. I got 6 in sciecne what about you?
Yeah I really hope the grade boundaries are low!! We're the first year doing 9-1 science so we get grade protection, so I'm hoping that helps us... Did your teacher say the difficulty of the papers is going to be the same as the specimens AQA released or the mock exams we did in March? Do you do double or triple?
illsurvive
Rep:
?
By the way, congrats on your first post 😃😂
Haha thank you I'm new to this website so I'm hoping I'm doing this right!
Revision Boiii
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by illsurvive)
Yeah I really hope the grade boundaries are low!! We're the first year doing 9-1 science so we get grade protection, so I'm hoping that helps us... Did your teacher say the difficulty of the papers is going to be the same as the specimens AQA released or the mock exams we did in March? Do you do double or triple?
I am doing combined science synergy. I looked at the specimens and the content is slightly different but basically they are the same, arranged in a different way. I got 4 papers, and my teacher said that the ones we got in March mock is difficult compared to the real one. But... he also said that AQA didn’t gave them grade boundaries so they hade to make it up.
Iahmed512
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm just wondering if the specimen papers AQA released for the higher triple science exams accurately reflect the difficulty level of the actual exams in the summer? I just finished my March mocks and they were incredibly hard, with lots of maths included... I really hope the exams will be easier; do any of you know if the papers AQA released as specimen papers are easier/harder/same difficulty level as our actual GCSE exams? Thanks in advance
I'm doing combined but the triple grade boundaries should be lower because it is harder. Although for my previous mock I had in December the combined paper was actually harder than the triple one, a few people on the thread even said it.
Triple science has a lot more maths involved, they stuffed a bit in with my last mocks with the concentration graphs and area cleared but that was simple because it was just using the area of circle formula which they gave anyway. Also, with combined science you can still do well without being great in maths, there's people in lower sets for maths and doing foundation but they're in my set so they're doing higher.
I have heard before that sometimes mocks are harder than the actual thing, especially people doing new spec. Like last year's year 11 said about the exams being easier than mocks or the practice papers they were doing. So for science since we're first year for new spec there's an even higher chance of that happening. However, an easier paper will mean higher grade boundaries but since we're first year even with easy paper grade boundaries won't be too high.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
illsurvive
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iahmed512)
I'm doing combined but the triple grade boundaries should be lower because it is harder. Although for my previous mock I had in December the combined paper was actually harder than the triple one, a few people on the thread even said it.
Triple science has a lot more maths involved, they stuffed a bit in with my last mocks with the concentration graphs and area cleared but that was simple because it was just using the area of circle formula which they gave anyway. Also, with combined science you can still do well without being great in maths, there's people in lower sets for maths and doing foundation but they're in my set so they're doing higher.
I have heard before that sometimes mocks are harder than the actual thing, especially people doing new spec. Like last year's year 11 said about the exams being easier than mocks or the practice papers they were doing. So for science since we're first year for new spec there's an even higher chance of that happening. However, an easier paper will mean higher grade boundaries but since we're first year even with easy paper grade boundaries won't be too high.
I see, thank you! Let's hope the grade boundaries are low good luck!
illsurvive
Rep:
?
I am doing combined science synergy. I looked at the specimens and the content is slightly different but basically they are the same, arranged in a different way. I got 4 papers, and my teacher said that the ones we got in March mock is difficult compared to the real one. But... he also said that AQA didn’t gave them grade boundaries so they hade to make it up.
Yeah the March mocks were very difficult!! Good luck and thank you
Iahmed512
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I see, thank you! Let's hope the grade boundaries are low good luck!
You're welcome. Yes indeed, and to you too.
👍
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Revision Boiii
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yeah the March mocks were very difficult!! Good luck and thank you
good luck to you too my friend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (57)
15.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (33)
9.04%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (72)
19.73%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (54)
14.79%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (40)
10.96%
How can I be the best version of myself? (109)
29.86%

Watched Threads