The Student Room Group

Important Message

This one goes out to the ones who feel different to everyone else.
This one goes out to the ones who don’t have any friends.
This one goes out to the ones who feel ridiculously scared and nervous to speak to other people.
This one goes out to the ones who question the world we live in and cannot make sense of people and their actions.
This one goes out to the ones who cannot feel loved by anyone else.
This one goes out to the ones who cannot express their love to anyone else.
This one goes out to the ones who can’t put their feelings into words.
This one goes out to the ones who feel embarrassed at everything they do and feel they’re being judged negatively by everyone.

This one goes out to the ones who have autism.

This week is autism awareness week - so I wanted to do this thread because not enough people are aware of the implications of being on the autistic spectrum or just being socially awkward. I want a more open minded welcoming world where people understand the needs of one another - but I doubt we’ll ever have that...

Please understand the difficulties that people with autism have to go through on a daily basis, the internal fears we have to fight and - to anyone who does this - understand to stop judging us. We’re human beings just like you, we have all the same feelings you do (and probably more) but we struggle so badly to convert these feelings into verbal language.

We feel constantly judged, constantly different to everyone else, frightened of most human interactions. Most of us just want to be loved and we want to have people we feel comfortable to share our feelings with. We have quirky/weird interests that we have pure obsessions with - so please respect that.

Now I don’t know if there are any decent blogging sites you recommend - but I’d love to do a blog on my personal experience and interact with a larger audience? So if you know any please let me know?

Otherwise please share your experiences below - either if you know people with autism or if you are autistic yourself. Thanks for reading 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending