The Student Room Group

Is the exam board pixl hard?

As I’ve been doing past exam papers which are Pixl I just wanted to know is it one off the hardest paper....also I had gotten in total out off all 3 papers in the exam paper 60/240 I would like to know what the grade is as my teacher gave me a level 4 but is that right ?
Thank you
Original post by Rafay_42
As I’ve been doing past exam papers which are Pixl I just wanted to know is it one off the hardest paper....also I had gotten in total out off all 3 papers in the exam paper 60/240 I would like to know what the grade is as my teacher gave me a level 4 but is that right ?
Thank you

PiXL isn’t a board, they’re just a group of schools who put together their best guess of what the real thing will look like and then pool their results together to come up with estimated grade boundaries. Ask your teacher which board you are doing (AQA, OCR and Edexcel are the most popular). You will probably get the board specific specimen paper as a mock.
It's not an exam board, but I found the papers in year 11 quite hard. They were maybe about 30% harder than the real things. Ignore what grade your teacher gives you, they were stupid boundaries last year.

Quick Reply

Latest