The Student Room Group

Can I go into halls for a London placement

I am moving to London beginning of June for a year long work placement.

I know that non students can rent out halls in the summer but could I do a year june to june in halls?

I am a student still, at Leeds beckett Uni and would be looking at private halls in London.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by eventstudent123

I know that non students can rent out halls in the summer but could I do a year june to june in halls?

I am a student still, at Leeds beckett Uni and would be looking at private halls in London.

Thanks in advance!

If you are still a student at the uni, then I think that would guarantee your student status. As its a private hall then they are less fussy about which uni you come from i.e Leeds or London. I think you would be fine. be aware it wont be cheap. Ask them or check the terms of the licence.

https://www.mystudenthalls.com/student-accommodation/london/
Original post by eventstudent123

Thanks in advance!

Many private halls in London are aimed at wealthy international students and so rent is exhorbitant. So do check the prices to make sure you can afford the rent. You would also have to check if the providers could offer you a 12 month contract from June-June, as the norm for year long contracts in halls is from September-September. Also many year long contracts in halls are 51 weeks and not 53 weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest