Mel.s
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm really struggling to revise for the poetry anthology section of the english lit exam. Does anyone have some tips and advice of how to revise?
joshscott17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mel.s)
I'm really struggling to revise for the poetry anthology section of the english lit exam. Does anyone have some tips and advice of how to revise?
Are you doing the Eduqas poetry anthology? I found youtube videos really helpful, and also if you're not a visual leaner then you can search the student room for the specific poem you want and a pdf analysis will appear. Then convert this information onto small flash cars with questions on. For example, "what does the structure of the pen the manhunt suggest?"
lydiarutharnold
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mel.s)
If you're on AQA, I 100% recommend Mr Bruff. His videos suggest which poems to compare to which and he gives you an in depth analysis of each one. It's a brill idea to annotate if you haven't already. I'd say that if you read one or two poems every night that will help you remember them. Also maybe try blurting? Idk if you've heard of it but it's just getting your ideas onto a piece of paper and just writing what you know. If you can blurt the poems and key points you'd make about them, you'll be fine. If you're struggling to remember certain important lines, I'd recommend using something like memrise to help you remember the quotes. I've seen various sets for power and conflict poetry that really helped.

Good luck in your english lit, I'm sure you'll do brill
Mel.s
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you - yeh really helpful im doing aqa love and relationships and just feel like theres so much to learn! I will try those techniques tho thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed