ShadyWhama
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello fellow artists and students,

I’m doing a level art though I haven’t done GCSE art so everything is a bit harder for me, my teacher says I have the skills to do the course but now this is a obstacle that’s been making it hard for me.

I’ve done many artists research’s in my a3 sketch book (Utrillo, Picasso, Hockney) my art work on pieces is fine but whenever my teacher marks my write up she always says that its not right that there is a few marks but I’m missing things!

She says that “We don’t want to know where he went or what he did blah blah, We want to know what the painting is like ‘THE FORMAL ELEMENTS OF ART” like what does she mean!!! I’m so confused I need like a model paragraph of how write up artist research specifically on the artists pieces.

Anyone able to give me advice on how to Create A* perfect artist researches? That would be much appreciated.
DickensTheWriter
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ShadyWhama)

I’m doing a level art though I haven’t done GCSE art so everything is a bit harder for me, my teacher says I have the skills to do the course but now this is a obstacle that’s been making it hard for me.

I’ve done many artists research’s in my a3 sketch book (Utrillo, Picasso, Hockney) my art work on pieces is fine but whenever my teacher marks my write up she always says that its not right that there is a few marks but I’m missing things!

She says that “We don’t want to know where he went or what he did blah blah, We want to know what the painting is like ‘THE FORMAL ELEMENTS OF ART” like what does she mean!!! I’m so confused I need like a model paragraph of how write up artist research specifically on the artists pieces.

Anyone able to give me advice on how to Create A* perfect artist researches? That would be much appreciated.
Hi, I can help you with your art write-ups. It's all about checking what their arts depict. If it's a painting, interpreting the meaning, intent and message of the art is the right way to do it.
ShadyWhama
Rep:
?
(Original post by DickensTheWriter)
Hi, I can help you with your art write-ups. It's all about checking what their arts depict. If it's a painting, interpreting the meaning, intent and message of the art is the right way to do it.
Thank you very much for your help, I’ll try writing up some paragraphs of paintings and will focus more on the meaning, message and intent. Hopefully they come out with a good standard for my art write ups
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ShadyWhama)

Include artistic movements e.g Romanticism, Impressionism, Baroque all those. There are tons.
If you are comparing your work mention similar techniques as the artist e.g. mediums, impasto
What are the effects e.g. creates a realistic image
Include context, like where the technique came from, how it links to his work or the art movement.
DONT talk about where he was born, or his family, all those personal things. It HAS to link to art!
ShadyWhama
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
Include artistic movements e.g Romanticism, Impressionism, Baroque all those. There are tons.
If you are comparing your work mention similar techniques as the artist e.g. mediums, impasto
What are the effects e.g. creates a realistic image
Include context, like where the technique came from, how it links to his work or the art movement.
DONT talk about where he was born, or his family, all those personal things. It HAS to link to art!
Thanks!
I’ll keep that in mind to link to the “isms” and Art movements into the pieces I am writing up hopefully they are correct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.95%
Uncertainty around my education (92)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (83)
10.29%
Lack of purpose or motivation (103)
12.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.96%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.58%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (88)
10.9%
Financial worries (54)
6.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (37)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (51)
6.32%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.1%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (77)
9.54%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (64)
7.93%

Watched Threads