The Student Room Group

London’s murder rate overtakes New York

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-murder-rate-new-york-overtakes-stabbing-a8283866.html%3famp

Having our capital turn into a third world Hell hole is a price we are willing to pay to virtue signal about diversity.

@ByEeek

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Davij038
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-murder-rate-new-york-overtakes-stabbing-a8283866.html%3famp

Having our capital turn into a third world Hell hole is a price we are willing to pay to virtue signal about diversity.

@ByEeek

Isnt the point that NY crime rate has plummeted so its now one of the safest cities in the US?
The figures are the first time ever this has happened and its only for one month?

Anyway you carry on with your immigrant hating as usual.
Original post by 999tigger
Isnt the point that NY crime rate has plummeted so its now one of the safest cities in the US?
The figures are the first time ever this has happened and its only for one month?

Doesn’t excuse the fact that crimes in London have been on the rise and that it is concerning it has by that much...
Original post by CountBrandenburg
Doesn’t excuse the fact that crimes in London have been on the rise and that it is concerning it has by that much...

When you start from very little then a small upward movement marks a large % change. the crimes tend to be gang knife crimes of youth v youth, not ideal but its not affecting the general population outside those groups.
It still doent put us in 3rd world hell hole status, thats just the typical rhetoric used by the OP to whip up more hate.

@ByEeek

London is far from "third world".
Reply 5
Forced deportation required or police to shoot them dead is ideal.
Reply 6
Original post by LoverBoy Galore
London is far from "third world".

Some parts aren’t
this is natural in every big city where there is a fck tonne of people- stop making it an issue when it's not
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8

Yeah. Where they have guns there which is the root of the problem there (or so we are lead to believe)

I don’t hate anyone.

Besides even if I did, I don’t need to- they’re doing all the work regardless
Mods. Can we get this merged with my thread please?
Isn't that just like the Independent. Take one months statistics and make a general declaration of emergency.

Last year in London there were 130 homicides - including the London Bridge terrorist murders.

In NYC there was a 70 year low of 290.

The other Indy stats doing the rounds are about how London was far more violent than NYC for Feb and March. This is true, but does not allow for NYC being under blizzards for part of those months.
Yeah. Where they have guns there which is the root of the problem there (or so we are lead to believe)

I don’t hate anyone.

Besides even if I did, I don’t need to- they’re doing all the work regardless

You are still failing to see the point in context.

NY is now viewed as one of the safest cities in the US.
There is a knife problem in London, but its rally to do with gangs and not attacks on the general public.

You are a hate agitator. You always have been. There was no need to mention third world when its nothing like third world levels. Not a hell hole.
You point the finger at diversity i.e immigrants..

Thats what you do davij twist things or fail to understand the significance of the figures you use.
Reply 13

NY is now viewed as one of the safest cities in the US.

What’s your point? Is it not relevant that crime in London has gotten worse?

There is a knife problem in London, but its really to do with gangs and not attacks on the general public.

Yes I know. So what, that’s not a problem??

You point the finger at diversity i.e immigrants..

Thats what you do davij twist things or fail to understand the significance of the figures you use.

Who makes up these gang crimes? The Japanese?

Who makes up these terrorist attacks? Hindus?

We are told we should celebrate London becoming more vibrant’ and we get gang crime and terrorism. I think our government should sort it out.
Couldn't find data where they rank all of the cities based on the number of murders. The fact that London overtook New York doesn't nessecarily mean that London is an 'unsafe' city as it may still be the have the lowest murder rate out of all of the major cities in the world.

In fact, the yearly average homicide rate since 1990 is 171 and yet, 130 murders occured last year.

Both London and New York have similar population size, (unless if you consider metro area as part of london, then it has a much larger population than NYC) and last year 290 homicides occured in New York.

Additionally, you blame diversity yet there is no data about the demographics of the perpertrators that commited these attacks this month.
(edited 6 years ago)
Here was me thinking I'd see a discussion about how both New York and London tackle the issue and the implications of policies. Perhaps something about the cutting of services playing a part, gang cultures and so on. But, no. We get tropes instead.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Forced deportation required or police to shoot them dead is ideal.

Who are you talking about exactly?
What’s your point? Is it not relevant that crime in London has gotten worse?

Yes I know. So what, that’s not a problem??

Who makes up these gang crimes? The Japanese?

Who makes up these terrorist attacks? Hindus?

We are told we should celebrate London becoming more vibrant’ and we get gang crime and terrorism. I think our government should sort it out.

Important to note the actual numbers of people dying due to immigrants is probably really low. As is everywhere the majority of knife/gun crime (which causes a large majority of the deaths) are caused by people born here...
Reply 18
Original post by Rohit Joshi
Important to note the actual numbers of people dying due to immigrants is probably really low. As is everywhere the majority of knife/gun crime (which causes a large majority of the deaths) are caused by people born here...

Saying that they are born here is meaningless as we already know that integration has not really worked, especially in areas where there are no natives.
Original post by Rohit Joshi
Who are you talking about exactly?

Perps who are responsible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending