Is the International Prep for Fashion course required to progress to undergrad? Watch

melissarenee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am from the United States and have been accepted into the London College of Fashion's International Preparation for Fashion "freshman year" course. I am 20 years of age and have a few years of American university experience under my belt, but I've decided to follow my true passion and change direction. I would like to obtain the best education and experience possible, while also minimizing the amount of years (and money) required to get a BA in my desired field. I know that the standard duration for any undergrad program is 3/4 years, however the International Preparation course tacks on another year, so I wanted to know if this is an absolute requirement to move on to undergrad study in fashion at UAL. I also would like to know if once this first year is completed, if I am able to apply to CSM (or both CSM and LCF ideally) despite the fact that the offer I have been given is preparation study for LCF?
Theelace
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by melissarenee)
I am from the United States and have been accepted into the London College of Fashion's International Preparation for Fashion "freshman year" course. I am 20 years of age and have a few years of American university experience under my belt, but I've decided to follow my true passion and change direction. I would like to obtain the best education and experience possible, while also minimizing the amount of years (and money) required to get a BA in my desired field. I know that the standard duration for any undergrad program is 3/4 years, however the International Preparation course tacks on another year, so I wanted to know if this is an absolute requirement to move on to undergrad study in fashion at UAL. I also would like to know if once this first year is completed, if I am able to apply to CSM (or both CSM and LCF ideally) despite the fact that the offer I have been given is preparation study for LCF?
Hi, I'm also from the US and have accepted an offer for the International Preparation for Fashion. I am 18 years old and I have watched videos of past and current UAL students saying that they did some sort of foundation degree at CSM or LCF and then moved on to an undergrad program.
nizatelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I am going to Prep Course as well! By any chnace do you guys want to start a Facebook group for all of us new entrants?

(Original post by Theelace)
Hi, I'm also from the US and have accepted an offer for the International Preparation for Fashion. I am 18 years old and I have watched videos of past and current UAL students saying that they did some sort of foundation degree at CSM or LCF and then moved on to an undergrad program.
Liabayasir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey i’m doing this course as well!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nizatelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guys we all should create a facebook public messanger chat. My Facebook is Teyla Kaliyeva. Please text me yours so I can create the group!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Media & Communication Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business School Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (154)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.71%
No I am happy with my course choice (516)
59.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.55%

Watched Threads