A level choices- Fine Art or Art and Design?

Watch
vividlyanonymous
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
n/a
Last edited by vividlyanonymous; 4 weeks ago
CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hii, I do art and design, but more specifically Graphic Design, find out from the place you're applying to, but I can imagine that fine art will be much more refined, detailed pieces whereas Art and Design is probably more design for a purpose if that makes sense?
kscarr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vividlyanonymous)
I have been researching different a level courses I want to take and I am interested in art. However I am still a bit confused even after go googling it, what the difference is between art and design and fine eart. Fine art is a section in art and design so what can I expect if I took art and design compared to fine art?
I do Fine art and the course I do is based on the practice of developing your skills in painting, drawing, sculpture and other materials. I am on AQA and AS is just a year of practicing your skills and developing an understanding of the course as well as learning how to create your own art work rather than using artists work as you might have done at GCSE, at A-Level you apply what you have learned from AS and create your own project.
I know that with AQA Fine art and Art and Design are both marked out of the same amount.
Perhaps look at the specifications on the AQA website for art and design and then for fine art because i have just looked and there a some differences i have noticed at first glance.
But I love Fine Art and it has allowed me to improve my skills and become my own individual artist!
Hope this helps
xox_chichi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kscarr)
I do Fine art and the course I do is based on the practice of developing your skills in painting, drawing, sculpture and other materials. I am on AQA and AS is just a year of practicing your skills and developing an understanding of the course as well as learning how to create your own art work rather than using artists work as you might have done at GCSE, at A-Level you apply what you have learned from AS and create your own project.
I know that with AQA Fine art and Art and Design are both marked out of the same amount.
Perhaps look at the specifications on the AQA website for art and design and then for fine art because i have just looked and there a some differences i have noticed at first glance.
But I love Fine Art and it has allowed me to improve my skills and become my own individual artist!
Hope this helps
I do Fine Art AQA but I’m struggling soo much the ideas and everything .
Do you know any artist I could use for coursework either about justice and law or how the representation of love has changed in art
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (644)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (815)
42.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.66%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.47%

Watched Threads