The Student Room Group

Edexcel SNAB 2018 (+ pre-release scientific article) discussion group

Hi Guys!

Just thought it would be a good idea to start a thread aimed at discussing the pre-release scientific article and possibly share how it's components correlate with items in the specification.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'll add to whats already been mentioned:

2. energy budgets
4. somatic nervous system
5. role of gut flora (e.g. in non-specific immune response)
6. peptide/steroid hormones
7. BMI
8. lipids and carbohydrates
15. clinical trials
21. microbes -e.g. immune system
22. effect of drugs
25. depression, metabolic pathways
30. immune system
43. neurotransmitters
45. role of scientific community
49. blood-brain barrier, vagus nerve
How did u get it
Reply 3
Original post by GCSE 2k16
I'll add to whats already been mentioned:

2. energy budgets
4. somatic nervous system
5. role of gut flora (e.g. in non-specific immune response)
6. peptide/steroid hormones
7. BMI
8. lipids and carbohydrates
15. clinical trials
21. microbes -e.g. immune system
22. effect of drugs
25. depression, metabolic pathways
30. immune system
43. neurotransmitters
45. role of scientific community
49. blood-brain barrier, vagus nerve

Good stuff! Especially the bit about the somatic nervous system, until now I overlooked that hint.
I'm thinking for the part about metabolic pathways/disorders they could generate a question on respiration.
Reply 4
Original post by amal99
How did u get it

I got hold of a PDF copy. PM me your email, if you need it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tchilly

Hi Could you possibly send me a copy too please
thanks v much
Reply 6
Original post by Annabelle1212
Hi Could you possibly send me a copy too please
thanks v much

Hi, you're going to have to PM me your email address.
Hi
Regarding your reply about the metabolic pathways maybe forming a question on respiration what paragraph is this in? and Is there any other info that you have found on any other of the paragraphs or any additions to ones already answered in forum that you could share, I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks for reading.

Kind Regards
David
Reply 8
Original post by Davidphysio
Hi
Regarding your reply about the metabolic pathways maybe forming a question on respiration what paragraph is this in? and Is there any other info that you have found on any other of the paragraphs or any additions to ones already answered in forum that you could share, I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks for reading.

Kind Regards
David

Hi David,

GCSE2K16 mentioned the bit about metabolic disorders in his post. You can find it in Paragraph 25 (line 5). Regarding my other findings so far, some noteworthy ones are:

Paragraph 29 - "...chronic diseases associated with the gut..." Cystic Fibrosis.
Paragraph 32 - "...has to do with genetics, maternal diet..." Differential Gene Expression.
Original post by tchilly
Hi David,

GCSE2K16 mentioned the bit about metabolic disorders in his post. You can find it in Paragraph 25 (line 5). Regarding my other findings so far, some noteworthy ones are:

Paragraph 29 - "...chronic diseases associated with the gut..." Cystic Fibrosis.
Paragraph 32 - "...has to do with genetics, maternal diet..." Differential Gene Expression.

Thank you very much, highly appreciated i will post as soon as i get some more notes on the paragraphs on my opinions
Reply 10
Thank you so much for informing me of this thread!
Can someone end me the pre release pls
Reply 12
Original post by Davidphysio
Thank you very much, highly appreciated i will post as soon as i get some more notes on the paragraphs on my opinions

Great! Do share when you can!

:biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by L0st45
Thank you so much for informing me of this thread!

No problem! You are most welcome

:biggrin:
Where can you find the article??! I’ve been looking but can’t find it online!
Original post by tchilly

Hello! I’m also struggling to find it! Could you also email me a copy? I’d really appreciate!!
How did people find it
Reply 17
Original post by tchilly
Hi Guys!

Just thought it would be a good idea to start a thread aimed at discussing the pre-release scientific article and possibly share how it's components correlate with items in the specification.

hey um i was looking on here yesterday and there was a list of topics under each paragraph of the pre-release that could come up for paper 3. can you repost them please?? xx i honestly feel like im going to flop bio 😫😫
Original post by yashx
hey um i was looking on here yesterday and there was a list of topics under each paragraph of the pre-release that could come up for paper 3. can you repost them please?? xx i honestly feel like im going to flop bio 😫😫

5A978F30-9F8F-4BFD-B573-2A952ACAF7F6.jpg.jpeg not sure if this is what your looking for.
Original post by chocolateoreo99
5A978F30-9F8F-4BFD-B573-2A952ACAF7F6.jpg.jpeg not sure if this is what your looking for.

cant really see that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending