The Student Room Group

Choosing Hong Kong universities

Has anyone received offer from CityU HK? Recently I got a shcolarship offer from Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) but unsure to go because the university received many bad comments and ratings lately...
Reply 1
Original post by minhanhngg
Has anyone received offer from CityU HK? Recently I got a shcolarship offer from Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) but unsure to go because the university received many bad comments and ratings lately...

it isn't considered as the "best" university
Reply 2
Did you receive an offer from cityu? Idk about baptist uni but someone i know is an alumni there and she doesn’t have a job. But she has a rich bf from the same uni 😂✌🏼 idk with the employment tho
Is anyone doing a post -doc in hk
Reply 4
Original post by Monsale
it isn't considered as the "best" university

I knew that HKBU isn't the 'best' university, but I'm going to study communication so... I have just accepted their offer anyways, hope that I'll have great experience here!
Reply 5
Original post by yh2504
Did you receive an offer from cityu? Idk about baptist uni but someone i know is an alumni there and she doesn’t have a job. But she has a rich bf from the same uni 😂✌🏼 idk with the employment tho

Really :smile:) and no, I haven't heard anything from cityu, I guess they put me in waitlist or something, they made me submit tons of documents and just suddenly stopped giving me any notice
Reply 6
Really :smile:) and no, I haven't heard anything from cityu, I guess they put me in waitlist or something, they made me submit tons of documents and just suddenly stopped giving me any notice

Oh i found out that the alumni student is working for her bf’s business 😂 lots of affluent men like her 😂😂 Anyways, don’t lose hope on cityu. They will reply to you soon. Congrats on your offer from hkbu!

1st Tier:
HKU, CUHK, HKUST

2nd Tier:
CityU, PolyU

3rd Tier:
Hong Kong Baptist University, Lingnan University, The Education Univeristy of Hong Kong
Reply 8
Hey I know it is a bit too late but I was wondering if you ended up receiving an offer from CityU because they also make me submit tons of documents. If you was admited, did they offer you a scholarship? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest