Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Eid is basically the muslim equivalent of Christmas. it happens at the end of Ramadan and depending on when Ramadan finishes Eid will most likely be on Friday the 15th of june in which many people still have gcses going on. I have physics and citizenship on that day and one is am and one is pm. this basically means that my whole day will be gone and ill just about join my cousins for the evening celebration. lol obviously im still going in for exam because that's really important but what are your thoughts on this? imagine having your gcses on Christmas. Btw i'm not blaming the examination boards for putting exam o eid because we (muslims) couldn't have warned them because we didn't know our selves when eid was because each year it changes depending on the sighting of the moon.

ReputationRep:
    extra blessings??!

ReputationRep:
    great

ReputationRep:
    Email the people in charge of the exam boards jcq if they can change the day to the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAreAYute)
    extra blessings??!
    lol yea that's what i've been saying to my self for Ramadan. get extra blessings whilst your fasting which is true. guess its the same for eid too tho.

ReputationRep:
    it wouldnt be the first time ramadan/eid fell on an exam date. the dominant religion in this country is christianity, so it's not surprising that they only use bank holidays and so on for christian holidays. even if they did know the dates of other religious festivals doubt they'll reschedule exams specifically around them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionike123)
    Email the people in charge of the exam boards jcq if they can change the day to the next day.
    lol idk if you're being sarcastic but yeah they would never do that. firstly because a lot of people who aren't muslims have the same exams on that day so there is no problem for them. so why would they change it for the small minority when the rest of the country is fine with it. secondly some people may have exams on other days and they wouldn't want this to pile up.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could try talking to your school about it, and they could try rescheduling it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Just deal with it. That’s what I do 👍🏼
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    it wouldnt be the first time ramadan/eid fell on an exam date. the dominant religion in this country is christianity, so it's not surprising that they only use bank holidays and so on for christian holidays. even if they did know the dates of other religious festivals doubt they'll reschedule exams specifically around them
    well actually if you think about there are quite a lot of Muslims in this country. in each city there are loads. yes there is a small minority in comparison to Christians but there are still
    2,786,635 Muslims in the UK who would support the movement of the dates as islam is the second biggest religion so who knows they might have changed it. but like I said nothing could have been done due to not knowing the date of eid.

ReputationRep:
    it's not a big deal when you remember the alternative is a U in those papers :bubbles:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaminah03)
    Just deal with it. That’s what I do 👍🏼
    :grin: Great! ill do just that then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    it's not a big deal when you remember the alternative is a U in those papers :bubbles:
    thats so true.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't have cared if one of my exams were on Eid, I never really liked it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultimateradman)
    i wouldn't have cared if one of my exams were on Eid, I never really liked it anyway.
    lol. well i guess eid is different in each family household. well i really enjoy eid coz me and my cousins have a real laugh and the atmosphere is lit. im pretty sure if you enjoyed yourself on eid you would mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookaddict02)
    well actually if you think about there are quite a lot of Muslims in this country. in each city there are loads. yes there is a small minority in comparison to Christians but there are still
    2,786,635 Muslims in the UK who would support the movement of the dates as islam is the second biggest religion so who knows they might have changed it. but like I said nothing could have been done due to not knowing the date of eid.
    yea i know but christianity has been this countrys roots for centuries. even if uk has more athiests than ever they'll probably be more keen on their christianity roots than to embrace the other world regions equally. maybe in future, but not at present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookaddict02)
    Muslims comprise barely 5% of the UK population. This country isn't Islamic, has never been and therefore Islamic traditions are of no relevance to our public holidays. The dates won't be changed and you'll just have to deal with it I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Suck up and deal with it. They'll come around again next year. If you don't like it move somewhere that uses Muslim calender dates
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Muslims comprise barely 5% of the UK population. This country isn't Islamic, has never been and therefore Islamic traditions are of no relevance to our public holidays. The dates won't be changed and you'll just have to deal with it I'm afraid.
    lmao. calm your life. i know that they wont be changed. once the dates are put out they dont ever change them. howver i do know that there was a chnce of them not being put out on eid day. if us muslims knew when eid was there was a chance that we could have said please do not put a gcse exam on that day.(before the dates were put about) one of my exams boards said that them selves further dissaproving your point.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I don't really like eid anyways...unless my friends have organised something. All we do with family is sit down and eat samosas

There will be anger if the exam is during eid namaaz which is very important, but really its just that; anger. Nothing much will probably happen.

Besides its going to be well funny after the exams; all the Muslims are going to be gassed. Loool theirs a MacDonald near our school too so they best stock up on fillet o fish

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.