The Student Room Group

Will ToV and the breakdown of peace definitely be in paper 1?

My revision guide says that Peace Treaties from 1919-1923 and the Breakdown of Peace by 1939 will definitely be two of the four questions on paper 1. It also says that as League of Nations is on our source paper, it won’t be on paper 1 at all.

Is that true? Because I’m planning to revise those two topics in detail and then revise origins of the Cold War and containment as well, just in case, and I’m worried I’ll end up with completely different topics
Original post by pottah
My revision guide says that Peace Treaties from 1919-1923 and the Breakdown of Peace by 1939 will definitely be two of the four questions on paper 1. It also says that as League of Nations is on our source paper, it won’t be on paper 1 at all.

Is that true? Because I’m planning to revise those two topics in detail and then revise origins of the Cold War and containment as well, just in case, and I’m worried I’ll end up with completely different topics
Which exam board are you on? GCSE? And what textbook is this from?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Which exam board are you on? GCSE? And what textbook is this from?

I’m doing the iGCSE and it’s from a guide my teachers put together
Original post by pottah

Paper 1
"Candidates answer two questions from Section A (Core Content) and one question from Section B (Depth Study)"

In other words, paper 1 will include questions from the following topics...

•

Were the peace treaties of 1919–23 fair?

•

To what extent was the League of Nations a success?

•

Why had international peace collapsed by 1939?

•

Who was to blame for the Cold War?

•

How effectively did the USA contain the spread of Communism?

•

How secure was the USSR’s control over Eastern Europe, 1948–c.1989?

•

Why did events in the Gulf matter, c.1970–2000?

And you answer 2 of them.

Paper two will involve six questions on the one topic.

Your teacher may be telling you which questions they want you to answer, rather than what the exam rules actually are.
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Paper 1
"Candidates answer two questions from Section A (Core Content) and one question from Section B (Depth Study)"

In other words, paper 1 will include questions from the following topics...

•

Were the peace treaties of 1919–23 fair?

•

To what extent was the League of Nations a success?

•

Why had international peace collapsed by 1939?

•

Who was to blame for the Cold War?

•

How effectively did the USA contain the spread of Communism?

•

How secure was the USSR’s control over Eastern Europe, 1948–c.1989?

•

Why did events in the Gulf matter, c.1970–2000?

And you answer 2 of them.

Paper two will involve six questions on the one topic.

Your teacher may be telling you which questions they want you to answer, rather than what the exam rules actually are.

Thank you! I’ve got the list of topics and the guide says that out of the four questions in the International Relations section, two will definitely be on the peace treaties and the breakdown of peace, but maybe not then
Original post by pottah
Thank you! I’ve got the list of topics and the guide says that out of the four questions in the International Relations section, two will definitely be on the peace treaties and the breakdown of peace, but maybe not then

Do your teachers have any connection to the exam board?

Quick Reply