The Student Room Group

Accommodation for Nursing students

Hi, I'll be starting a nursing degree at Brighton Uni in September. I'm just wondering what type of accommodation is best. Uni halls or private accommodation?
Reply 1
Original post by Fleur94
Hi, I'll be starting a nursing degree at Brighton Uni in September. I'm just wondering what type of accommodation is best. Uni halls or private accommodation?

Hey, I’m starting a nursing course this year, although not at Brighton. However, you might want to look and see if they put all of the life and health sciences students in the same accommodation, I think its nice to live with others on the same course as you, because they might be more mindful when it comes to placement etc... however, look at all the other factors, like the length of let you can get, the cost, weigh up the pros and cons... I’ve gone for student accommodation this year, and in tempted to move into private student accommodation in the second year, but I’ll wait and see! x
Reply 2
Original post by reannmull
Hey, I’m starting a nursing course this year, although not at Brighton. However, you might want to look and see if they put all of the life and health sciences students in the same accommodation, I think its nice to live with others on the same course as you, because they might be more mindful when it comes to placement etc... however, look at all the other factors, like the length of let you can get, the cost, weigh up the pros and cons... I’ve gone for student accommodation this year, and in tempted to move into private student accommodation in the second year, but I’ll wait and see! x

Thank You. Like many students, I've never done anything like this. Don't have the first idea about finding places to live. I'm thinking along the same lines as you. Halls first year, then private for the second. One of the uni halls has a 50 week tenancy so that works. But I'll continue to look around... Thanks for replying x
Reply 3
Original post by Fleur94
Thank You. Like many students, I've never done anything like this. Don't have the first idea about finding places to live. I'm thinking along the same lines as you. Halls first year, then private for the second. One of the uni halls has a 50 week tenancy so that works. But I'll continue to look around... Thanks for replying x

Have a look and see if your uni has a freshers page, mine does and theres linked to group chats for both my course and accommodation, might give you an idea of what other students are doing, hope you find somewhere soon! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending