The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford or LSE????

I have an offer from Oxford for MSc Modern South Asian Studies, and an offer from LSE for International Relations. I know Oxford has more prestige, but LSE is also a very good university and I feel like International Relations is a broader and more relevant degree... Which one should I choose? I feel very conflicted! I also want to take general student life into account so if anyone has experience of life at either university please comment with your thoughts!
I would pick the course that appeals the most to you. There's no point going to Oxford for the prestige if you hate all 3 years of it because its not the choice you enjoy (whilst you'll probably be surrounded by people in love with the course).
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Honestly if it was my choice I would choose Oxford Just for the prestige alone. I’ve found that most jobs (and people) don’t really care what you have done at Oxford or Cambridge. They’re just “impressed by the name” But it really depends on what you intend to do post university. What industry do you intend to work in? What are your career aims.

LSE is still great and the degree sounds a lot more “relevant” so it wouldn’t be a bad idea if you picked it. Oxford has a good student life (I’ve heard from friends) but becuase LSE is a bit more “spread out and in London which is so big so I’m not really sure. But your Univeristy experiences is mostly what you make of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending