Can somebody check this bit of Spanish writing for me?

Watch
cj_sS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can anyone clarify whether this makes sense or not....

Si, me encanta ver la television por la manana antes de ir a la escuela. Lo bueno es que las noticias son en la manana y a mi juicio son entretenidos y te ayudan a entender lo que pasan en el mundo.
username2459871
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cj_sS)

Si, me encanta ver la television por la manana antes de ir a la escuela. Lo bueno es que las noticias son en la manana y a mi juicio son entretenidos y te ayudan a entender lo que pasan en el mundo.
It makes sense, however I'm not sure that "son entretenidos" is a normal opinion to have on the news :lol:

A better way to phrase the end of it could be "a mi juicio, me ayudan a entender lo que está pasando en el mundo" - just a small change of tense
cj_sS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bezoar)
It makes sense, however I'm not sure that "son entretenidos" is a normal opinion to have on the news :lol:

A better way to phrase the end of it could be "a mi juicio, me ayudan a entender lo que está pasando en el mundo" - just a small change of tense
The best way to get marks is to lie hahaha. Thanks man i'll change it to that.
cricinfo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cj_sS)
The best way to get marks is to lie hahaha. Thanks man i'll change it to that.
Just an adjective agreement wrong there - should be 'entretenidas' instead of 'entretenidos' as the word 'noticias' is feminine. I forget those all the time. Other than that it's all good.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cj_sS)

Lo bueno es que las noticias son en la manana....
I'd use "se transmiten las noticias todas las mañanas/diariamente sin falta.. ", as the over-emphasis is useful in conveying your meaning, and it's a much more interesting verb.
cj_sS
Rep:
?
(Original post by cricinfo)
Just an adjective agreement wrong there - should be 'entretenidas' instead of 'entretenidos' as the word 'noticias' is feminine. I forget those all the time. Other than that it's all good.
Oh yeah ofc, i always forget to check for things like that - thanks!
And to your other comment, yeah i'll try implement that phrasing that does seem much higher quality.
cj_sS
Rep:
?
(Original post by cj_sS)
And to your other comment, yeah i'll try implement that phrasing that does seem much higher quality.
oops the other comment wasn't yours - my bad
cricinfo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cj_sS)
No worries mate. That other comment wasn't me tho.
cj_sS
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
I'd use "se transmiten las noticias todas las mañanas/diariamente sin falta.. ", as the over-emphasis is useful in conveying your meaning, and it's a much more interesting verb.
thanks for the advice, i'll deffo implement that as it deffo seems higher quality
username3843068
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"a mi juicio son entretenidos" is not something any spanish speaker would say tbh
cj_sS
Rep:
?
(Original post by 12390859081)
"a mi juicio son entretenidos" is not something any spanish speaker would say tbh
Well that would make sense since i'm not spanish.... What could i change that bit to?
username3843068
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cj_sS)
Well that would make sense since i'm not spanish.... What could i change that bit to?
Its fine grammatically, it just sounds a bit forced to me (as a native speaker). No need to change it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (7)
11.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.47%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.08%
I need help with my personal statement (25)
42.37%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
23.73%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.39%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed