The Student Room Group

Are Premier Inn flagrantly breaching my human rights?

I smoke but don’t wish my parents to see me doing so (although they know I smoke, I’m a lady who would prefer not to be seen doing it). I have however noticed that this building has only one exit, but lots of other ‘fire’ exits that are alarmed. Is Premier Inn denying me the right not to give a whingeing pair of parents, something to whinge about?
Reply 1
No. Just walk out the bloody main door and go smoke. :lol:
Original post by Pleasantri
I smoke but don’t wish my parents to see me doing so (although they know I smoke, I’m a lady who would prefer not to be seen doing it). I have however noticed that this building has only one exit, but lots of other ‘fire’ exits that are alarmed. Is Premier Inn denying me the right not to give a whingeing pair of parents, something to whinge about?

It never has been and never will be a human right to be able to smoke. If you want to smoke take your self-entitled body outside. Fire exits still count as being part of the building and it's their building so what they say goes in regards to smoking. You're not allowed to loiter around fire exits in case there's a fire, you'd be in the way and that's a health and safety issue. Another health and safety issue is if you dropped your cigarette or lighter on the carpet leading to the fire exit or the fire exit stairs if anything on the fire exit stairs was flammable.
Premier Inn have the best pillows
Lenny Henry, you've let us down.
Reply 5
Original post by CoolCavy
Premier Inn have the best pillows

I know they do, I've bought one from here on a previous stay. I am however more concerned at my human rights.
Original post by Glassapple
It never has been and never will be a human right to be able to smoke. If you want to smoke take your self-entitled body outside. Fire exits still count as being part of the building and it's their building so what they say goes in regards to smoking. You're not allowed to loiter around fire exits in case there's a fire, you'd be in the way and that's a health and safety issue. Another health and safety issue is if you dropped your cigarette or lighter on the carpet leading to the fire exit or the fire exit stairs if anything on the fire exit stairs was flammable.

Well said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending