The Student Room Group

How to Revise in the Easter Holidays [Guide]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studymotiv15
i failed most of my mocks...rip me

8 in RS holler!!! 3 in Eng not holler!!!
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous697989
I'm going to do mind maps, notes and start recordings for poems
BUT i can't rest, sorry, I have a major LIterature gcse this year and want to get a 9
I'll probably do around 7-10 hrs per day for this week and do 5 hrs a day next week

Are you only doing English Literature GCSE? So I'm guessing your doing it a year early?
Take a few days off????

Is this for GCSES or someone doing BTEC PE instead of A Levels??
Original post by gotaquestion
Take a few days off????

Is this for GCSES or someone doing BTEC PE instead of A Levels??

It's really important mentally to have a couple of days off over Easter even at A level. It allows your mind to relax and will really help you mentally even if it doesn't seem like it does at the time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
About podcasts, do you have any you recommend for GCSEs?
I haven't even started yet. Quite worried as I want top grades. Just been focusing on working out though and work. I MUST FORCE MYSELF TO REVISE
Original post by Life864
I haven't even started yet. Quite worried as I want top grades. Just been focusing on working out though and work. I MUST FORCE MYSELF TO REVISE

Perfect time to start :smile:
You can make use of the advice from @brainzistheword :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I haven’t started yet due to a lot of family occasions and rest days, is it too late to start tomorrow and do proper revision? I’m doing a-levels by the way.
At this rate, I'll be writing a "How not to Revise in the Easter Holidays" in 10 days.
Original post by Urbi
I haven’t started yet due to a lot of family occasions and rest days, is it too late to start tomorrow and do proper revision? I’m doing a-levels by the way.

At this point naturally it's the sooner you start the better :yep: Try following the advice in the post and being as efficient as possible with your work and I'm sure you'll still come out with great grades :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by HettiBetti
8 in RS holler!!! 3 in Eng not holler!!!

Wow, well done on that 8! I rly struggle to get good grades in RS, do you have any tips in terms of revising it?
Original post by Urbi

It shouldn't make a difference if it feels too late or not. You should try your best either way. You won't know if its too late or not until you get the results back.
Original post by imo_x
Wow, well done on that 8! I rly struggle to get good grades in RS, do you have any tips in terms of revising it?

Repetitive reading and a love for Theology is key to success!!!! Oh and practice !!!!
I'm planning to take a day off in the second week because I can feel my focus and productivity slipping:soap: Should you just avoid everything revision related for the day off or can I do something light like listening to revision videos/podcasts/audio books etc. since they are pretty passive and I want to set aside time to do a full day by day revision plan for April and the exam season so that would be a perfect time to do so. Thank you.
Original post by Proportionality
I'm planning to take a day off in the second week because I can feel my focus and productivity slipping:soap: Should you just avoid everything revision related for the day off or can I do something light like listening to revision videos/podcasts/audio books etc. since they are pretty passive and I want to set aside time to do a full day by day revision plan for April and the exam season so that would be a perfect time to do so. Thank you.

It's up to you exactly how much you avoid. Personally, I'd avoid videos since they tend to take all of my attention, but podcasts /audio books would probably be OK.
As long as you feel as if you're otherwise relaxing making a revision plan could be fine but equally if you're gonna stress out about how much is left etc. Then it's possibly not such a good idea :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i just started revising today and hopefully i WILL GET THOSE A*
is it too late to change my Cs and Bs into As in a month
Original post by chloesky2018
is it too late to change my Cs and Bs into As in a month

Definitely not if you focus and work hard from now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, this was really helpful :smile:
hi, was wondering when it is the best time to do past papers, its a month till my first exam :frown: !

Quick Reply