The Student Room Group

What to do after a bad first date

So basically me and this girl went on a 'date' (we met up for the first time and just talked etc) for like 3 hours but like it did not go very well in my opinion. So basically me and her have been talking over text/phone for like 2 weeks and like proper into each other she even told me she really likes me and has feelings for me. So basically today we met up and we kinda say hey and talked but like it wasn't really that funny and it wasn't entertaining. We walked her dog for a bit and then went to play some football because we both like it. We didn't really talk that much and we both found it extremely awkward, not only that but we was gonna hang out until like 7:30 but I went home at 5:30

So I do fancy this girl a lot but it just wasn't like a good first meeting at all and we both said it was pretty awkward and she said it should get better as we hang out again.

She also has a pretty taken like schedule and while we do talk its like I don't know we share a load in common but its really hard to make her laugh and she sometimes takes things literally like a joke which is alright but it makes her think that i'm being serious about some things.

So like my question is, can I come back from this even after a terrible first meeting and what can I possibly do differently cause we kinda ran out of ideas on what to do. We live in a small town and there is a very limited amount of things to do where we live, so where would be a better place to go/do?

Scroll to see replies

Listen to sad songs and cry
Reply 2
Original post by aaminah03
Listen to sad songs and cry

No
Original post by OnetyRick
No

Ok 😂
(edited 6 years ago)
It's 2k18,timw to rid all of the toxic people out of ur life
So basically me and this girl went on a 'date' (we met up for the first time and just talked etc) for like 3 hours but like it did not go very well in my opinion. So basically me and her have been talking over text/phone for like 2 weeks and like proper into each other she even told me she really likes me and has feelings for me. So basically today we met up and we kinda say hey and talked but like it wasn't really that funny and it wasn't entertaining. We walked her dog for a bit and then went to play some football because we both like it. We didn't really talk that much and we both found it extremely awkward, not only that but we was gonna hang out until like 7:30 but I went home at 5:30

So I do fancy this girl a lot but it just wasn't like a good first meeting at all and we both said it was pretty awkward and she said it should get better as we hang out again.

She also has a pretty taken like schedule and while we do talk its like I don't know we share a load in common but its really hard to make her laugh and she sometimes takes things literally like a joke which is alright but it makes her think that i'm being serious about some things.

So like my question is, can I come back from this even after a terrible first meeting and what can I possibly do differently cause we kinda ran out of ideas on what to do. We live in a small town and there is a very limited amount of things to do where we live, so where would be a better place to go/do?

you can come back from this, trust me time heals all and the first time is always awkward. I'd say go into the city? or somewhere bigger?
Reply 6
Original post by Mrs.Grey
you can come back from this, trust me time heals all and the first time is always awkward. I'd say go into the city? or somewhere bigger?

We're both 16 and we don't have a car and i'd rather not take the bus. Our city center is alright with like a lot of food places and like arcades etc but nothing apart from that.
We're both 16 and we don't have a car and i'd rather not take the bus. Our city center is alright with like a lot of food places and like arcades etc but nothing apart from that.

why not the bus? If you want to do exciting things, you gotta explore and get out, you can't walk everywhere? What about the train? And go to the city centre and see how that goes?
Reply 8
Original post by Mrs.Grey
why not the bus? If you want to do exciting things, you gotta explore and get out, you can't walk everywhere? What about the train? And go to the city centre and see how that goes?

Yeah I guess that I could just ask her for something more out there and she does like adventure and exploring, and if she says no well there's more local things.
Reply 9

What would you rate her out of 10?
Reply 10
Original post by Gnatt27
What would you rate her out of 10?

I mean she isn't like really good looking like maybe a 5-6 but she also doesn't wear makeup and has only tried it like twice, she does smoke though which is kind annoying. But it's more like with her personality cause we have absolutely everything in common.
You're mostly in the clear because she agreed to a second meeting. It's normal to be (mutually) awkward on a first date, and she's right in that it will get better with time.
Reply 12
Original post by _gcx
You're mostly in the clear because she agreed to a second meeting. It's normal to be (mutually) awkward on a first date, and she's right in that it will get better with time.

Thanks and yeah, we will most likely meet again but it's just like I don't wanna have a few awkward days where we don't talk at all, and yeah hopefully it gets better in time :smile:
You can come back from a awkward first date, try out new things together like going to an escape room, those are always fun and you aren't focused on each other but working with each other. Try something that maybe you both haven't done so you guys have things to talk about with each other
I mean she isn't like really good looking like maybe a 5-6 but she also doesn't wear makeup and has only tried it like twice, she does smoke though which is kind annoying. But it's more like with her personality cause we have absolutely everything in common.

Ah okay, thats cool that you like her for common interests/personality. If you do end up being in a relationship try and get her to stop smoking-wouldn't want her to die early through lung cancer...
Reply 15
A 16 Year old girl who's 5-6/10 and living in a small town will have limited options to meet guys ..so that's probably why she is letting the courtship continue

had she been 18+ and in a place with plenty of options [Like London] you probably wouldn't have even got any replies to your text after the date..
Original post by ANM775
A 16 Year old girl who's 5-6/10 and living in a small town will have limited options to meet guys ..so that's probably why she is letting the courtship continue

had she been 18+ and in a place with plenty of options [Like London] you probably wouldn't have even got any replies to your text after the date..

Bit harsh. Maybe she actually likes this dude?
hi do you understand what

NERVES is
You don't understand the forum site you're dealing with.

Half of us haven't even talked to a girl.

Dude, you're doing better than 70% of TSR; despite it going wrong, see it as a life lesson.
Reply 19
Original post by Gnatt27
Ah okay, thats cool that you like her for common interests/personality. If you do end up being in a relationship try and get her to stop smoking-wouldn't want her to die early through lung cancer...

Yeah we have a lot of common interests but kinda struggle to talk about them and I did tell her that I would help her stop smoking if she wanted to cause I will never smoke and she kinda got like peer pressured into it but she can't stop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending