This discussion is closed.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What is this?/I'm confused
Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

Order! Order!

The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, the Right Honorable PetrosAC will now take questions from the house.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker, what is the point of this session?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Mr Speaker, what is the point of this session?
To ask me questions
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
To ask me questions
I mean in terms of benefit to the house given this thread exists:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5243852
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker.,

To ask the Right honourable Prime Minister to define what his legislative priorities are from the key manifesto commitments that his party ran on in the last election, and when we can see actions on these
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker,

What is the Prime Minister’s view on members who leak from the government in collusion with hostile elements who would see our government fall, and what would his response be to any member of his own party found to be partaking in such actions?

PetrosAC
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I mean in terms of benefit to the house given this thread exists:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5243852
I believe PMQs and MQs encourages many more questions to be raised than on the thread linked

(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
Mr Speaker.,

To ask the Right honourable Prime Minister to define what his legislative priorities are from the key manifesto commitments that his party ran on in the last election, and when we can see actions on these
A huge priority of mine is to see the passing of the NHIS, which is why I have announced earlier today that Conceited has become Health Secretary. As the mind behind the policy, there is no one better to implement it.

Other priorities include Full drug legalisation and passing the budget. I can't give a timescale on any of these, but they will happen this term.

(Original post by Connor27)
Mr Speaker,

What is the Prime Minister’s view on members who leak from the government in collusion with hostile elements who would see our government fall, and what would his response be to any member of his own party found to be partaking in such actions?

PetrosAC
Mr Speaker, as I have stated previously, I dislike dealing in hypotheticals when unnecessary. I also disagree with the suggestion that the opposition are "hostile elements" - it is important to note that as a Government we wish to co-operate with both sides of the house as much as possible, where necessary. Any member leaking, however, will be sanctioned appropriately.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A huge priority of mine is to see the passing of the NHIS, which is why I have announced earlier today that Conceited has become Health Secretary. As the mind behind the policy, there is no one better to implement it.

Other priorities include Full drug legalisation and passing the budget. I can't give a timescale on any of these, but they will happen this term.
Mr Speaker.,

I'm surprised that the Prime Minister is going to be unable to push forward his full legislative agenda. Perhaps it's time for another party to step forward and get things done instead of a Liberal Party that clearly can't do what it promised!
username1450924
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker

What is the Prime Minister's view on Secretaries of State who launch vendetta's against other secretaries of state because they did not support their statement of intent? Does the Prime Minister believe it to be appropriate for such a thing?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker,

thoughts on financial passporting?

What further concessions await us in a name onñy brexit?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
Mr Speaker.,

I'm surprised that the Prime Minister is going to be unable to push forward his full legislative agenda. Perhaps it's time for another party to step forward and get things done instead of a Liberal Party that clearly can't do what it promised!
Mr Speaker,

The Right Honourable member should be reminded that he asked what my legislative priorities are, rather than what our full legislative agenda will be.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker,

The Right Honourable member should be reminded that he asked what my legislative priorities are, rather than what our full legislative agenda will be.
PRSOM
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tommy1boy)
Mr Speaker

What is the Prime Minister's view on Secretaries of State who launch vendetta's against other secretaries of state because they did not support their statement of intent? Does the Prime Minister believe it to be appropriate for such a thing?
Mr Speaker,

If a Secretary of State were to do this, it would be extremely disappointing.

(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Mr Speaker,

thoughts on financial passporting?

What further concessions await us in a name onñy brexit?
I assume you are talking about UK financial firms losing passporting rights for financial services following Brexit? My own belief is that the UK is better off within the EU and I think it is a great shame we are losing perks of single market membership.

-------------

On a meta note, it's extremely difficult to answer questions on Brexit, as whatever happens or whatever I decide on TSRland, when we actually Brexit irl, the Model House of Commons will default to that position. I am Pro-EU and I would prefer to remain, but it would be pointless arguing that case here as we will default to whatever the RL Government does. I'm happy to give my own personal opinion in more depth in the Commons Bar, the Ask the Government thread, or the Liberal Party QT thread

Whilst I'm here, I should also say that you should consider joining an MHoC Party. Feel free to PM me if you want any help regarding that or MHoC in general.
username3796922
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker,

Does the Prime Minister believe that parliamentary oaths should be required of members of this house?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by viljo)
Mr Speaker,

Does the Prime Minister believe that parliamentary oaths should be required of members of this house?
As this is an amendment rather than something political, I'm just going to give my personal view, as amendments shouldn't be partisan.

I think it's something that should be re-introduced. It's a small added bit of realism, it doesn't require people to go out of their way as it's quite simple and it discourages vobots.
username1450924
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker,

If a Secretary of State were to do this, it would be extremely disappointing.

I assume you are talking about UK financial firms losing passporting rights for financial services following Brexit? My own belief is that the UK is better off within the EU and I think it is a great shame we are losing perks of single market membership.

-------------

On a meta note, it's extremely difficult to answer questions on Brexit, as whatever happens or whatever I decide on TSRland, when we actually Brexit irl, the Model House of Commons will default to that position. I am Pro-EU and I would prefer to remain, but it would be pointless arguing that case here as we will default to whatever the RL Government does. I'm happy to give my own personal opinion in more depth in the Commons Bar, the Ask the Government thread, or the Liberal Party QT thread

Whilst I'm here, I should also say that you should consider joining an MHoC Party. Feel free to PM me if you want any help regarding that or MHoC in general.
I thank the Prime Minister for his response. As a follow up question, can he assure the house that no such actions by a secretary of state will be tolerated?

I reserve one question to use at a later date
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tommy1boy)
I thank the Prime Minister for his response. As a follow up question, can he assure the house that no such actions by a secretary of state will be tolerated?

I reserve one question to use at a later date
I can assure the house that no such action shall be tolerated
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr. Speaker,

Does the Prime Minister believe that the appointment of Kiri Tunks, co-founder of the transphobic group Women's Place UK, as president of the NUT section of the National Education Union is appropriate given the rapidly increasingly number of transgender, non-binary, and gender-questioning pupils in British schools?
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker,

Has the Prime Minister faced any hurdles since his government has come into existence? And regardless of if he has or has not faced hurdles, does he expect any to soon come and where exactly?
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Speaker

The Prime Minister seems to have forgotten the commitments set towards education upon his ascension. The current state of the schooling system, with lower funding in real terms and higher levels of impoverishment among our youth is deeply disturbing. Mr Speaker, will the Prime Minister, finally take a stand and spare a morsel for the pupils who have fallen victim to his bitter game of austerity?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.95%
Pop (192)
24.46%
Jazz (30)
3.82%