The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Are you allowed to take a mini fridge freezer with yo to uni?

I’m applying to Exeter and wanted to know whether or not your allowed to put a mini fridge freezer in your room? This is regarding self-catered, I’m paranoid about somebody robbing my stuff.
Reply 1
Original post by Jay_haru
I’m applying to Exeter and wanted to know whether or not your allowed to put a mini fridge freezer in your room? This is regarding self-catered, I’m paranoid about somebody robbing my stuff.

Yes you are , my sisters flat mates got robbed and she got accused, she confronted tho n they shut up , it was this gut who never left his room
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Seems as if you cannot (here at 2.2). How strictly this is enforced will depend on the university and the halls in particular.

At my halls, I had a bunch of stuff (including heaters and fans) which were prohibited. Regularly inspected and they never said boo.
it’s best to ask the accommodation ppl at your uni ( if you’re staying at uni managed housing) if it’s private housing then ask your agency/landlord
What Notoriety said #2.
The straight answer is no, but whether they bother to check in practice is a different matter. The cleaners or any room inspection might catch you out.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
What Notoriety said #2.
The straight answer is no, but whether they bother to check in practice is a different matter. The cleaners or any room inspection might catch you out.

What happens if they catch you?
Original post by Jay_haru
What happens if they catch you?

Then I assume you would be fined. You would know soon enough once you have been a resident what the chances were.
You can bring a mini fridge if you have evidence it’s for medical reasons. I’ve gotten permission from Exeter to have one for my epi-pens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending