The Student Room Group

Model agency scam

Scroll to see replies

And again, the issue isn’t whether they refund you the £50, it’s whether what they sell you when you are there is worth the money. And whether they imply you’re going to get work from it.
Original post by Helena13
I went and was scammed. My own fault.

So sorry to hear this I flew from Dublin my sister is living there so we didn’t need a hotel but if my daughter had of went on her own she would of been scammed he knew I wasn’t having it nearly a thousand sterling no I haven’t been able to get into my email to get onto the student room I’m ages I hope someone puts a stop to them well I did write an email into the modeling Association And they said they were on to them about trade marking there using a real modeling company’s name that’s why I flew over I thought it was the real one models 🤦🏼*♀️ He meet he’s match with me and I’m actually going to check up on this it’s still happening thanks for your comment ❤️
Is sapphiremodels a scam because I’m desperate to be a model I’m only 12 , but I need to know if they are fake or not ASAP
Hi im really skeptical now after ready all of these, i have signed uo with spark models and i dont know if they are legit, i have paid a £50 refudable deposit and i have been encouraged to but a porfolio for £300 am i being scammed
Omg im freaking out, a model agency called spark models have reached out to me asking fir a £50 refundable deposit for a test photo shoot. They also encouraged that i bought a portfolio for £300 and im just a bit skeptical.
I think you’re right to be sceptical.

I’d tell them I couldn’t make it and that I was moving away shortly. Ask for a refund and if they refuse, charge it back via your bank.
Thankyou so much
How did u find out it was a scam?
Original post by Supershemurr
They tried to do the same thing to me too. But it was on Instagram and their name is marvle models! They have no shame and they will try and get you to pay the money by bank transfer. Its the same schtick they say you have an modelling job in Swansea and they said the company that was shooting and in need was loreal . a model dropped out last minute and the girl whose name is Chelsea has been trying to find a model to submit in her place. They tell you you have to pay for accommodation and costume £500 which will be reimbursed at the shoot site. Lies !!

How did u find out.it was a scam?
Original post by Anonymous 6873
Exact same email I got today, along with a text message

Is polo models a good agency
No need paying to scammers. Lots of decent togs out there will take photos for you TFP (time for print) costs nothing but your time. If a model agency want you you should not have to pay a penny!!!!
SIGMASD1UK on Insta, i travel with work all over the UK and do shoots when i can help someone out.
So again, PAY NOTHING and dont get taken in by scammers making you pay for photos etc etc, a proper agency will have a piad photographer on Staff to do any photos they need!!!! Think before you cant see with stars in your eyes. Also Starnow is pretty poor for a paid site. Put decent photos on INST as model agencies also have scouts paid to trawl INSTA for new models.
Hope that helps, stay safe, and dont be fooled.

SK
(edited 4 years ago)
Please be aware! OTUS MODELS are scammers. They request nude photos, and then blackmail you, demanding money. This is actually not an agency, it is an Indian guy.
Original post by hello_world12
Please be aware! OTUS MODELS are scammers. They request nude photos, and then blackmail you, demanding money. This is actually not an agency, it is an Indian guy.

Ooof. Would suggest that's worth reporting to the police if you haven't already done so.
Hi guys has anyone hurd of polo models agency just need to know if it's legitimate
Hi guys does anyone know if polo model agency is legitimate or not?
I was almost scammed too:Thanks for submitting your modeling application to Empire Models. Our creative team has reviewed your application and has provided positive feedback on it. Your application has been shortlisted. Although this is a good indication, it's not a guarantee that you will become a professional model right away. The next stage is to do a trial-photo shoot assessment to test your ability to model professionally and to identify what facets of the industry you are best suited for. We are NOT a modeling agency. We are a world wide, top modeling support service. We specialize in working with people such as yourself who are interested in the modeling industry! Please read through this email thoroughly before confirming acceptance, as we only have a limited number of appointments and therefore only invite serious applicants. Appointments are currently available on a first come first served basis. We would like to offer you the chance to come to one of our NYC studios for a trial photoshoot assessment. Because your application was hand-picked, the cost of the test-shoot is fully covered by Empire Models. Your trial-shoot will take between 3-4 hours. Here we can see your true potential to become a model and you will get the opportunity to work with our team of fashion stylists, makeup artists, hair stylists, photographers and other industry professionals.Our New York studios, Apex, West-38 and Maps, are high profile and as such, only interested in serious applicants. To ensure attendance, a fully refundable booking deposit of $50 is taken at the time of scheduling your appointment. This deposit is fully refundable as long as you attend the test-shoot. The deposit is only lost if you fail to attend or if you're more than 30 minutes late to your appointment. Please note that this is non-negotiable and no exceptions will be made.About the day of the shootYou must attend the test-shoot as a blank canvas. We want you to show up with clean, dry hair, no styling products and no makeup. Hair, makeup and styling will all be done professionally on the day of your shoot. We recommend bringing a minimum of 5-7 outfit changes. The more variety the better. The recommended outfits will be discussed with you after your test shoot is reserved. During your test-shoot, you will have 3-4 hair and makeup changes so that we can assess your versatility as a model and whether or not you are ready to approach the industry. No previous experience is required. Our team of professionals will guide you through the entire process. After the trial shoot is completeOnce you've completed the trial-shoot, we'll have a better understanding of whether or not you are suitable to pursue a career as a professional model. The assessment results will be discussed with you on the day of the shoot. As mentioned, it is a trial-shoot and not every shoot is successful. If your shoot is not successful, we will review the images with you and feedback will be provided. However, the studio will not be permitted to release the images to you for personal or promotional use and your deposit will be refunded.On the other hand, if your shoot is successful and ONLY IF we feel you are able to pursue a career, the studio will then give you the opportunity to sit down with an image consultant who will discuss an effective networking strategy and help you select images that were taken during your shoot. For example: A portfolio may be presented amongst other image packaging options and services. A portfolio is a collection of professional images of a very high standard (magazine quality), collectively put together to showcase a model. This “visual resume” is something that modeling agencies use to market models and find paid work in the industry. This is an optional service which is only offered if the shoot is successful. Image packaging starts at $399.00, financing may be available on a case by case basis. The image packaging will be tailored to your chosen areas of the industry and your budget.After your trial-shoot has been booked, a confirmation will be emailed to you. This will contain your appointment date and time, a receipt of the booking deposit and directions to the studio.Once you have read this email, please call me before 6:30pm today to confirm you received this email and to book your trial-shoot appointment. Appointments are available on a first-come first-serve basis for shortlisted applicants, so please call me as soon as possible.Congratulations! I look forward to speaking with you soon!
If you are copy and pasting messages from a scam agency please remove the phone number so as not to give them free publicity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending