Hnc social sciences

Watch this thread
Gabryellasmith
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I’m starting college soon and I need some help! !! I want to be a forensics scientist so I thought I would need to study biology but my college told me I’d have to do HNC social sciences!! I have no idea what to expect from this course and it’s difficulty !! I was also told this course might envolve maths which has made me so anxious since I’m really bad at maths !! Can you guys please tell what to expect from this course !!
lellloy
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I'm currently studying HNC Social Science, hopefully carrying onto further study to become a forensic psychologist as well. In terms of the difficulty of the course, I personally think it is easy to comprehend but it demands a lot of work, reading and studying. the subjects differ at each college you attend whether it be history, politics, economics, geography. I've currently got history and politics with the mandatory psychology, sociology and research and methodology. Research and methodology does include maths but only for one unit which is standard deviation, however, I would presume that if your course is offering economic it would definitely include mathematics. anyway, i would absolutely recommend HNC social science to get into the field of forensic psychology, further onto university to study psychology or a dual degree where you can choose various subject to study I would personally recommend Psychology, Sociology and Criminology BUT the only university I have seen that offers criminology currently is Stirling which is kinda sucky. After that, studying a masters in forensic psychology or applied criminology or forensic psychology. I Hope that helps.
Amie Jaiteh
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hey, what is the graded unit for social science HNC on?
muskoka
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Abertay offer Criminology and Forensic Sciences
Gabryellasmith
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The course in Abertay focuses more on chemistry and biology!! Like I said maths isn’t what I’m going for since I’m so bad at it !! Social sciences would be perfect for me because it’s what I identify myself with subjects that envolve sociology etc !!
chloen0
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Hey can anyone help me? I'm currently doing a NQ Law and Criminology, then I will go on further to progress in a HNC Social Science and then hopefully a HND Social Science. After that does anyone know what I can do with it? I want to become a psychologist but I'm not sure what route to take to become that. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (97)
68.31%
No (30)
21.13%
I didn't use it to prepare (15)
10.56%

Watched Threads