Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A-level Geography Paper 1,2,3 9GE0 04/08/14 Jun 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So it seems like NO ONE does this course lol. I'm talking about the new spec course so we're the first cohort to sit these new exams and I'm just so confused about how to revise! There is such a lack of Specimen questions, literally one paper for each unit which is no where near enough because I've already done them all in mocks! We do have the AS from 2017 for Year 12 revision but these aren't available on the website yet AND I've already done the questions in the mock...!

I'm so confused about how I'm supposed to approach revision... Am I supposed to memorise the textbook like I'm doing in my other content heavy subjects (Biology and Psych) or do I make summaries and get the general gist? Can anyone else relate to the messiness of this new specification lol?

ReputationRep:
    I do OCR geography a level and i feel like no one does this either lol. I'm briefly summarising each section of the spec. Once I've read over all my notes and understood the content I might make up my own exam style questions and answer them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackvoid17)
    I do OCR geography a level and i feel like no one does this either lol. I'm briefly summarising each section of the spec. Once I've read over all my notes and understood the content I might make up my own exam style questions and answer them
    i'm doing ocr geography, in the 1st year atm of the full alevel, planning on not trying to remember all the case studies till just before the exams cause if i start now i'll just end up forgetting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggbert2)
    i'm doing ocr geography, in the 1st year atm of the full alevel, planning on not trying to remember all the case studies till just before the exams cause if i start now i'll just end up forgetting
    Im in the first year too. How are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackvoid17)
    Im in the first year too. How are you revising?
    well we were given this long book with most of the content which i'm just gonna give a solid read over the summer and might do some quizzlets for keywords and then as i said case studies last minute just hammer them into my brain somehow

ReputationRep:
    I do edexcel A level too it’s so disorganised it stresses me out 😩 I don’t think we need to know everything bc like for the 12 markers you can pick and choose what you put in, I’m just working my way through each topic trying to make a list of case studies at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stresspot262)
    I do edexcel A level too it’s so disorganised it stresses me out 😩 I don’t think we need to know everything bc like for the 12 markers you can pick and choose what you put in, I’m just working my way through each topic trying to make a list of case studies at the moment
    Ah good to know someone else is actually doing the same exam board lol! YES it is just so disorganised it’s unbelievable, especially compared to my over subjects. There is soooo much content but I don’t really need to memorise it as such, just get the general feel for it (that’s what I’m guessing anyway..)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    physics and maths tutor has some summaries of revision notes but that’s about the only helpful thing I’ve found 😂🤷🏻*♀️ Hoping grade boundaries will be low because no one knows what they’re doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stresspot262)
    physics and maths tutor has some summaries of revision notes but that’s about the only helpful thing I’ve found 😂🤷🏻*♀️ Hoping grade boundaries will be low because no one knows what they’re doing
    I've seen them, they're about the only resource looool. They're quite brief aswell I have no idea how much depth I should go into with my revision I think grade boundaries will be pretty low as we're first year and as you said no one has a clue what they're doing...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone willing to trade/share/collab on notes for edexcel geography for new spec. I have done tectonic and coasts and I am half way through globalisation but I don't think I can finish in time. I take notes from the hodder book and sheet etc. given in class. Anyone willing to trade/work on notes together?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I do this and have some notes I can share - sadly it appears we have done similar stuff but I’d be more than happy to talk to you about topics and help you revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vapormax)
    Hey! I do this and have some notes I can share - sadly it appears we have done similar stuff but I’d be more than happy to talk to you about topics and help you revise
    hey! thanks for replying I'll send you a private message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prolly123)
    Hi, is anyone willing to trade/share/collab on notes for edexcel geography for new spec. I have done tectonic and coasts and I am half way through globalisation but I don't think I can finish in time. I take notes from the hodder book and sheet etc. given in class. Anyone willing to trade/work on notes together?
    Thanks
    Hey pm me I do!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have tectonics, carbon and globalisation on quizlet and also water and coasts as a word document, happy to share these!! They're pretty thorough as hoping for a/a*

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else really stressed about trying to learn the new specification? There’s so much to learn and there are multiple case studies etc. How are you guys revising, as there aren’t many past paper questions either. Just wanted to know if I’m the only one in this position. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Just going over notes again again and again and again hoping it sticks really what else can we do…

A unit a week seems good

No past papers, but

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry123341)
    Just going over notes again again and again and again hoping it sticks really what else can we do…

A unit a week seems good

No past papers, but
    Seems like a good idea doing a unit a week but I just feel like I would forget what I’ve learnt in the last week or the week before that 😂😅

ReputationRep:
    Yeh so true, I it does happen a bit in regards to forgetting elements of units but after you do enough you remember it all + it's unrealistic to try and do more than a unit a week as the units are so large we also have to revise for the other two a levels we so foolishly embarked on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry123341)
    Yeh so true, I it does happen a bit in regards to forgetting elements of units but after you do enough you remember it all + it's unrealistic to try and do more than a unit a week as the units are so large we also have to revise for the other two a levels we so foolishly embarked on
    Thank you so much for the reassurance! I’m glad we’re on the same page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Ah good to know someone else is actually doing the same exam board lol! YES it is just so disorganised it’s unbelievable, especially compared to my over subjects. There is soooo much content but I don’t really need to memorise it as such, just get the general feel for it (that’s what I’m guessing anyway..)
    I am literally in the same position as you. I have no idea what I’m doing

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.