Foreign, please help with train ticket

Watch this thread
Chinah2
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, i hope my English is good, I'm not English as the title suggests.

I'm on a train, and the guy with the stamp thing asked for my ticket, so I gave it to him. I am a bit worried that I wasn't supposed to, or I have given him the wrong ticket, as it has to be used again for the rest of the journey. My journey consists of a train, the underground, and then another train (it says x to y on the ticket so I assume this ticket is for the whole journey). I also have another ticket for THIS train (the 1st one), that says mandatory reservation coupon, with my seat number. This train has reserved seats, the underground and last train don't. Was it supposed to be that one? The one that says x to y has a small stamped date (today) in the corner.

Is this going to cause the ticket machines to reject it when I get on the next trains? Ive never used a train before in my life so I'm a little concerned. Please advice. What do I do? Thanks
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chinah2)
Hi, i hope my English is good, I'm not English as the title suggests.

I'm on a train, and the guy with the stamp thing asked for my ticket, so I gave it to him. I am a bit worried that I wasn't supposed to, or I have given him the wrong ticket, as it has to be used again for the rest of the journey. My journey consists of a train, the underground, and then another train (it says x to y on the ticket so I assume this ticket is for the whole journey). I also have another ticket for THIS train (the 1st one), that says mandatory reservation coupon, with my seat number. This train has reserved seats, the underground and last train don't. Was it supposed to be that one? The one that says x to y has a small stamped date (today) in the corner.

Is this going to cause the ticket machines to reject it when I get on the next trains? Ive never used a train before in my life so I'm a little concerned. Please advice. What do I do? Thanks
Did he give your ticket back to you? What did he say?

And no it won't cause the ticket to be rejected on the tube or next train.
TomW624
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As long as you still have the ticket and the magnetic strip on the back is intact you'll be fine. If the barrier does reject it just show it to the member of staff manning that barrier and they will be able to let you through assuming its a valid ticket.
Chinah2
Rep:
He just said "ticket please", stamped it, and left. I think it only imprinted the date on it but I can't be sure. And yeah I've got the ticket with me.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
He just said "ticket please", stamped it, and left. I think it only imprinted the date on it but I can't be sure. And yeah I've got the ticket with me.
In that case you showed him what he wanted to see. It's all fine.

Enjoy the rest of your transportation adventure.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If it was the wrong ticket he would have pointed it out. Ticket stamping is completely normal and doesn’t affect the barriers.
Chinah2
Rep:
Thanks, got though fine It's a little scary being in an unknown country, haha
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Moved to travel

Thanks, got though fine It's a little scary being in an unknown country, haha
perfectly understandable :hugs:glad it went ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
41.34%
The paper was reasonable (193)
44.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (39)
9.01%
It was TERRIBLE (22)
5.08%

Watched Threads