emily__g
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Are there any effective revision methods other than mindmaps and flash cards? I have difficulty remembering information.

maceypalmer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you tried songs? They can be tedious to make but once you’ve done it it’s a really easy way to remember the information.
Acronyms are also a really great way of remembering processes, orders etc.
There’s also assigning things you want to remember to objects. For example if you need to remember the different parts of a cell, it might be helpful to assign each piece of furniture in your room a part and function. Perhaps your bed could be the nucleus as it is the main part of a BEDroom. Relating what you need to remember to your life in a practical way is probably the easiest type of revision.
If there’s one key peice of information something I do which ensures I remember it, is writing it on my head, then going to sleep with it on, and wiping it off in the morning. So if I want to remember that the first group monasteries were closed in 1536 I’d write ‘Monasteries 1536’ big and bold on my forehead and I can assure you that I won’t forget. (I got this from my Grandma who always says that if you need to wake up at 6:00 write it on your head and you’ll wake up at 6:00)
Hope this helps 😊
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cornell note taking.
And do not revise on the day of exams, new information will push out what you have memorised.
emily__g
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by maceypalmer)
Have you tried songs? They can be tedious to make but once you’ve done it it’s a really easy way to remember the information.
Acronyms are also a really great way of remembering processes, orders etc.
There’s also assigning things you want to remember to objects. For example if you need to remember the different parts of a cell, it might be helpful to assign each piece of furniture in your room a part and function. Perhaps your bed could be the nucleus as it is the main part of a BEDroom. Relating what you need to remember to your life in a practical way is probably the easiest type of revision.
If there’s one key peice of information something I do which ensures I remember it, is writing it on my head, then going to sleep with it on, and wiping it off in the morning. So if I want to remember that the first group monasteries were closed in 1536 I’d write ‘Monasteries 1536’ big and bold on my forehead and I can assure you that I won’t forget. (I got this from my Grandma who always says that if you need to wake up at 6:00 write it on your head and you’ll wake up at 6:00)
Hope this helps 😊
that’s extremely helpful!! I’ve been so lost at what to do, thank you so much!!!
Baza2002
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try using the Method of Loci
I used it for my history revision for my mock exam in January and got a grade 8
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads