The Student Room Group

Childcare grant

Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm looking to do a nursing degree however I will need childcare for my two young children.
My partner earns approx £28000 and our childcare cost will be £200 a week. Would we be entitled to any help?

Thanks
Original post by jcolman90
Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm looking to do a nursing degree however I will need childcare for my two young children.
My partner earns approx £28000 and our childcare cost will be £200 a week. Would we be entitled to any help?

Thanks

Hi Jcolman90,

Based on your partners income, it doesn't look like you'd be entitled to Childcare Grant. The threshold for the Maintenance Loan is different so you can still apply for the income assessed Maintenance Loan.

Best wishes,

John.
Reply 2
Original post by John B SFE
Hi Jcolman90,

Based on your partners income, it doesn't look like you'd be entitled to Childcare Grant. The threshold for the Maintenance Loan is different so you can still apply for the income assessed Maintenance Loan.

Best wishes,

John.

Thankyou for your reply. How is childcare grant worked out? I don't want to waste my time applying to uni if I know I won't be able to get any childcare help. Is there a way of sfe calculating it before I apply?

Thanks

Jessica
Original post by jcolman90
Thankyou for your reply. How is childcare grant worked out? I don't want to waste my time applying to uni if I know I won't be able to get any childcare help. Is there a way of sfe calculating it before I apply?

Thanks

Jessica

Hi Jessica,Grants For Dependants (GFD) are means tested grants awarded to students who have either child or adult dependents or both.They are awarded based upon the level of Household Income and the customers individual circumstances, due to this complex calculation we will only be able to confirm the amount that will be awarded to the student when the assessment has been completed. You should apply now in order that your suport can be determined.If your household income is too high to receive the Childcare Grant you may be able receive additional support through the NHS.
Although the NHS Bursary will no longer be available to new Nursing, Midwifery and AHP students from 2017/18 AY there will be additional funding available through the NHS for these students:
for example for Childcare- £1000 Childcare grant for students with children. This does not affect their entitlement to CCG.

You would need to contact the NHS directly if they wish to discuss this as we cannot offer any advice regarding this.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending