elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Mature students who are 21+ can you fit into the uni life partying / having fun or are you a bit mature for that and just focusing on your degree ?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm 33 and a party pooper, security will around in five minutes to shut down any local party. I'm a very liked person, lol.
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by random_matt)
I'm 33 and a party pooper, security will around in five minutes to shut down any local party. I'm a very liked person, lol.
Awww that’s good
RissaN
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in my first year of Uni and I'm in my mid-20s. I'm really not into the partying scene at all, never have been and never will be. Even if I were interested in partying and clubbing and all of that, I think it would be pretty difficult because I don't live on campus.

The biggest thing for me is social media. People think that people in their mid-20s are from the same generation as 18 year olds, but we're really not. I didn't have a phone until I was 14, and I didn't have a smartphone until I was 18. I didn't have a computer until I was in my 20s. I grew up with VHS tapes, DVDs, cassettes and CDs. I don't use any social media. When you don't have social media, especially Instagram and SnapChat, you don't exist (in the world of 18 year olds). Literally.

But that's fine by me, because I'm here to study and nothing else. I have a job, a partner, a house, two cats and a car, I'm set up in life and not looking for friends or a full experience. I just want my degree, and I don't think it would be possible for me to be friends with 18 year olds when we are just so different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads