JoyHannah1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hey, my names joy, so unfortunately I couldn’t get the sept 18 intake for child nursing (sigh) but just wondering if anyone’s starting in jan 19 like me?

sept 18 people you’re welcome to pop up lol heyyy. 😁👋🏾

also... anyone who’s currently studying child nursing @ BCU to explain to me how the january academic calendar works, please, like the starting and finishing dates + holidays in between because obviously we’re not going to finish by june/july summer & that info ain’t on the BCU website. It focuses mainly on september applicants. So yeah thanks 😌

snapchat: joyhxnnah
emmamegan97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Joy, I'm exactly the same, they said they have run out of spaces in the September course so have offered me January but I've tried to find out more information and having a really hard time. I want to know how the holidays work and how starting in January will also affect years 2 and 3 in terms of accommodation etc. as most student housing contracts will work from September. Emma
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emmamegan97)
Hey Joy, I'm exactly the same, they said they have run out of spaces in the September course so have offered me January but I've tried to find out more information and having a really hard time. I want to know how the holidays work and how starting in January will also affect years 2 and 3 in terms of accommodation etc. as most student housing contracts will work from September. Emma
Hi both,

If you contact our course enquiries team they should be able to give you more information about how the January course works, you can ring our advisers on 0121 331 5595 who'll be happy to talk it through with you.

All the best,

Lydia
alannaforbes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JoyHannah1)
hey, my names joy, so unfortunately I couldn’t get the sept 18 intake for child nursing (sigh) but just wondering if anyone’s starting in jan 19 like me?

sept 18 people you’re welcome to pop up lol heyyy. 😁👋🏾

also... anyone who’s currently studying child nursing @ BCU to explain to me how the january academic calendar works, please, like the starting and finishing dates + holidays in between because obviously we’re not going to finish by june/july summer & that info ain’t on the BCU website. It focuses mainly on september applicants. So yeah thanks 😌

snapchat: joyhxnnah
I didn’t get September either so I start Jan 19 too!
11dibran
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,
I too am a jan 2019 intake for nursing and was wonderinng if i’ll be guarenteed an accomodation?

If so, will it be at the belgrave as mentioned on the bcu website since nursing students study at the city south campus?
I was also wondering how do the current students commute- because google says it’ll take 30-40 mins- which transport is the best option in your opinion? Also is there some sort of bus passes for students?

I also came across another accomodation called city south campus but this wasn't mentioned on the bcu accomodation web, so is this no longer available?

Please could you reply as soon as possible, thank you.
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 11dibran)
Hey,
I too am a jan 2019 intake for nursing and was wonderinng if i’ll be guarenteed an accomodation?

If so, will it be at the belgrave as mentioned on the bcu website since nursing students study at the city south campus?
I was also wondering how do the current students commute- because google says it’ll take 30-40 mins- which transport is the best option in your opinion? Also is there some sort of bus passes for students?

I also came across another accomodation called city south campus but this wasn't mentioned on the bcu accomodation web, so is this no longer available?

Please could you reply as soon as possible, thank you.
Hi 11dibran,

You should get the same guarantee as September starters but I'd contact our accommodation team to discuss how it works, you can email them at [email protected] or call 0121 331 5191.

You get to choose your preferences but Belgrave View is recommended if you're studying at City South. It's around a 5 min bus ride or 25 minute walk, but also near Broad Street and lots of restaurants/bars cinema etc. so it's a pretty central location.

Yes you can buy a student bus pass with the NX which gives you discounted travel, and I don't believe City South Halls is available any more, but our accommodation team will be able to confirm and answer all your questions in more detail, so it's worth giving them a call.

Hope this helps,

Lydia
Evelouisex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey! I’m in the January 2019 intake too, what a relief to finally find someone on the same intake as me x
PeggyO28
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I'm in Jan 2019 intake too! 😁
newnhamm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, does anyone know how to find the structure of the course (as in holidays)?
hollielouise.x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey!i was just wondering how you girls found the interviews nd the whole process on getting onto the children’s course? i’m currently doing my access course and applying for children’s course at uni for next sep 19 intake. any feedback about the process would be great! Thank you!x
hannah23295
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Hollie, I'm due to start children's nursing in sept 19, have you had your interview yet? When I went for mine it was done in 3 stages, first you complete your tests maths/English, then if you get the score desired, you carry onto the interview stage, which is when I got interviewed by two people one being a lecturer at the uni and the other being a children's nurse, then you have another interview after that on n I-pad in a different room on your own, where there's videos of children asking you question then you have to record your answer by video, in a child friendly manner. hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.19%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.77%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
16.17%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.37%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
26.95%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (31)
18.56%

Watched Threads