The Student Room Group

I am a hindu boy and I love a muslim girl

We have been talking for almost 2 years now and I was "speaking" to her since november. Around January time she messages me saying that she can no longer speak to me because of her religion.

It's very upsetting and its now April, I do speak to her a lot but it's not possible for us to be in a relationship because of that.

What are your opinions TSR?

Scroll to see replies

awwwwwwwwwww that's sweet

but no fr just move on
Original post by Anonymous
We have been talking for almost 2 years now and I was "speaking" to her since november. Around January time she messages me saying that she can no longer speak to me because of her religion.

It's very upsetting and its now April, I do speak to her a lot but it's not possible for us to be in a relationship because of that.

If she doesn't want to speak to you, there isn't much else you can do but accept it and try to move on.
Reply 3
Original post by Lastone123
If she doesn't want to speak to you, there isn't much else you can do but accept it and try to move on.

Yeah I totally agree with that. She speaks to me on a regular basis though even though I try to avoid her sometimes. She really does like but religion just does come in the way.
Original post by Y11_Maths
It’s punish a Muslim day today. Don’t let your anger get the better of you

what's that supposed to mean ?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wtf
Thats quite cute ngl. But are you really into her?
Reply 8
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Thats quite cute ngl. But are you really into her?

Yeah, and its been such a long time too. When that stuff happened in January was the time when I felt how much I loved her because I missed her so much. We stopped talking for around 2 weeks, then she just messaged me again and we talk regularly now.
Yeah, and its been such a long time too. When that stuff happened in January was the time when I felt how much I loved her because I missed her so much. We stopped talking for around 2 weeks, then she just messaged me again and we talk regularly now.

Usually I would just say 'move and find someone else' but I dunno with your situation I don't want to. You really do have feelings for her and OP don't give up on her, find a way to be with her even if its a short time but enough time to see what its like being in a relationship with her.
Reply 10
Usually I would just say 'move and find someone else' but I dunno with your situation I don't want to. You really do have feelings for her and OP don't give up on her, find a way to be with her even if its a short time but enough time to see what its like being in a relationship with her.

No he shouldn't just be with her for a short time just to see what it's like dating her. OP clearly wants to be with her for the long term, he doesn't want something with an expiration date. If the girl feels there is an incompatibiliy due to religion, then that's not going to change any time soon. It's best he move on and not pursue something that is likely to end in disappointment later down the line.
Reply 11

Ask her to elaborate on why establishing a romantic relationship with you would go against her religion. I've heard that a Muslim woman can't marry a non-Muslim man or something like that (maybe it applies to romantic relations?), but I can't remember what hadith or Qur'an number it was..

move on
Original post by UWS
No he shouldn't just be with her for a short time just to see what it's like dating her. OP clearly wants to be with her for the long term, he doesn't want something with an expiration date. If the girl feels there is an incompatibiliy due to religion, then that's not going to change any time soon. It's best he move on and not pursue something that is likely to end in disappointment later down the line.

But short term is better than nothing. If he knows he has to let her go eventually then he might want to see what its like to be with her. If OP does love her then moving on wont be easy

🤔🤔🤔Irrelevant much

It's been a while and we haven't really spoke about anything to do with relationships again, idk how I would say something
Original post by UWS

Hmm yeah I actually really do agree with you. I just have to stop talking to her as often I guess. Idk what other way I could just not talk to her, it's going to be difficult.
Original post by k.n.h.
Ask her to elaborate on why establishing a romantic relationship with you would go against her religion. I've heard that a Muslim woman can't marry a non-Muslim man or something like that (maybe it applies to romantic relations?), but I can't remember what hadith or Qur'an number it was..

Her family won't accept it, I'm sure one of her cousins married a christian boy and now their family no longer speak to the girl. That really shouldn't be happening but its reality.
But short term is better than nothing. If he knows he has to let her go eventually then he might want to see what its like to be with her. If OP does love her then moving on wont be easy

I honestly don't know. If I stay with her then it would be so much more difficult to move on.

If you can see that she is very religious with a religious family, there is not much you can do. You just have to move on, but use it as confident knowing you get get girls when you find someone else in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest