The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford or Cambridge for Physics?

Hey guys, I applied to both their M.Sc. programs (part III applied maths and Mmathphys) and luckily I was accepted for both. Which one would be the best in your opinion, considering that I am interested in GR, black holes and quantum gravity in particular? I slightly prefer the courses offered in Oxford and would be happier with their organization (exams at the end of every term vs all exams at the end of the year), however I know that Cambridge has a better reputation for theoretical physics.

Thanks for your help in this big decision
Original post by Shinybootsl
Hey guys, I applied to both their M.Sc. programs (part III applied maths and Mmathphys) and luckily I was accepted for both. Which one would be the best in your opinion, considering that I am interested in GR, black holes and quantum gravity in particular? I slightly prefer the courses offered in Oxford and would be happier with their organization (exams at the end of every term vs all exams at the end of the year), however I know that Cambridge has a better reputation for theoretical physics.

Thanks for your help in this big decision

Reputation means little. Focus on the course content and how it is structured. From the looks of it you've worked out the Oxford course is more suitable.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending