charlieeexox_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone, I am currently on my Easter holidays! I am due to take my GCSEs in the summer. Therefore I am trying to do as much revision as possible... I currently wake up about 7 have my breakfast and then shower... I then have a strict revision schedule ( I am lenient on myself and allow myself to have longer breaks etc) I currently start revising at 9 in the morning for an hour per subject with half an hour break between subjects. By 10 at night I have finished my revision and go up to my room. Where I fall asleep by 11. So I am revising for 8 hours a day. But I enjoy it, especially with how I follow my timetable made by TSR. I don't find the work load heavy and am always motivated. But my mum thinks I am doing too much revision. My argument is that I am not, if I wasn't revising I would be wasting my day by watching TV other pointless activities. So I guess I am asking do you think it's too much revision? And how long/ how do you revise? xxx
IZPI245
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow, go you!! If you aren't struggling health wise, you might as well keep it up. Although maybe during revision breaks you could try go for a walk or do some exercise??
charlotte100200
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You've got a nice mum if she thinks you're doing too much revision
Honestly, I personally don't think there's such thing as too much revision, looking back on it, I wish I did more
However, you should definitely take breaks, because you can get bogged down with so much information revising will be counter productive
If you don't want to waste your time you should spend breaks doing exercise or going for a walk or smth - exercise is supposed to be really good at helping freshen the brain and increase endorphins or whatever
charlieeexox_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Izzy32245)
Wow, go you!! If you aren't struggling health wise, you might as well keep it up. Although maybe during revision breaks you could try go for a walk or do some exercise??
Thank you! That is a great idea! I will try it tomorrow! xx
indie.sxnds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in a similar position, and 8 hours a day is great, but I wouldn't recommend this everyday. I used to do this a lot but burnt out and it took me like a week to get back into the swing of things.. The first thing though, is how long have you been doing this 8 hour revision thing, and when did you start revision/making notes? If you've only just started then I suppose 8 hours a day for maybe 4 days a week is fine, and the remaining 3 days perhaps do 3-5 hours, or even less. I'm a GCSE student too, so A-Level users on here may offer better advice, but I know for a fact that 8 hours a day, every day, is definitely too much If you started note-making/revision a while back, then maybe do 8 hours a day 2-3 times a week.

Having a good work ethic is fab, especially as it keeps a good routine, but the bad thing is, you don't see the exhaustion creep up on you, it literally hit me like a ton of bricks and I was so screwedIt really looks like you're aiming to achieve really good grades, so it's even more important that you don't burn out, because all of your hard work could potentially be wasted.:sad: It's also important to take at least 1 day off during the easter break, maybe go out with friends or something, and if you really must, review some stuff before you go to bed when you get back from a day out.

I'm interested to see what other people say though, anyway good luck with exams:rose:
charlieeexox_
Rep:
?
(Original post by charlotte100200)
You've got a nice mum if she thinks you're doing too much revision
Honestly, I personally don't think there's such thing as too much revision, looking back on it, I wish I did more
However, you should definitely take breaks, because you can get bogged down with so much information revising will be counter productive
If you don't want to waste your time you should spend breaks doing exercise or going for a walk or smth - exercise is supposed to be really good at helping freshen the brain and increase endorphins or whatever
My mum confuses me lol , she want's really good grades but then says I am doing too much revision! I will try from tomorrow to go on a walk. xx
charlieeexox_
Rep:
?
(Original post by indie.sxnds)
I'm in a similar position, and 8 hours a day is great, but I wouldn't recommend this everyday. I used to do this a lot but burnt out and it took me like a week to get back into the swing of things.. The first thing though, is how long have you been doing this 8 hour revision thing, and when did you start revision/making notes? If you've only just started then I suppose 8 hours a day for maybe 4 days a week is fine, and the remaining 3 days perhaps do 3-5 hours, or even less. I'm a GCSE student too, so A-Level users on here may offer better advice, but I know for a fact that 8 hours a day, every day, is definitely too much If you started note-making/revision a while back, then maybe do 8 hours a day 2-3 times a week.

Having a good work ethic is fab, especially as it keeps a good routine, but the bad thing is, you don't see the exhaustion creep up on you, it literally hit me like a ton of bricks and I was so screwedIt really looks like you're aiming to achieve really good grades, so it's even more important that you don't burn out, because all of your hard work could potentially be wasted.:sad: It's also important to take at least 1 day off during the easter break, maybe go out with friends or something, and if you really must, review some stuff before you go to bed when you get back from a day out.

I'm interested to see what other people say though, anyway good luck with exams:rose:
Thank you! I only started to make my notes last week. Thank you btw! It's really important to hear other peoples experiences. I agree this has happened to one of my friends and she has only just recently got back on track herself. I didn't think about that! I will defiantly take this idea on board. Agreed, Thank you and I hope your exams go well too! :crossedf::heart:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?