YT6789
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m just applying for finance and realised I haven’t set up a student bank account. This might sound stupid but when/how should I do this becuase I swear you don’t do it until after results day?
Should I just put my current bank account details, even if the student account I plan to use is with another bank?
Will changing my bank details later one e.g when I open a student bank account, cause any delays?
Please can someone reply ASAP. Thanks.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YT6789)
So I’m just applying for finance and realised I haven’t set up a student bank account. This might sound stupid but when/how should I do this becuase I swear you don’t do it until after results day?
Should I just put my current bank account details, even if the student account I plan to use is with another bank?
Will changing my bank details later one e.g when I open a student bank account, cause any delays?
Please can someone reply ASAP. Thanks.
If you’ve got a current account put those details in. When you have your student bank account details in August you can update the SFE details (but if you forget it will be fine because you can just transfer the money across).
YT6789
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If you’ve got a current account put those details in. When you have your student bank account details in August you can update the SFE details (but if you forget it will be fine because you can just transfer the money across).
Thank you so much !!!
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much !!!
Hi YT6789,

You can update you current bank details with Student Finance at the moment and when you open a student account later you can let us Know.

We require 4 working days prior to your payment for bank details to be updated on time for a payment to be made to that account.

Thanks

Louise
YT6789
Rep:
?
(Original post by Louise E SFE)
Hi YT6789,

You can update you current bank details with Student Finance at the moment and when you open a student account later you can let us Know.

We require 4 working days prior to your payment for bank details to be updated on time for a payment to be made to that account.

Thanks

Louise
Hi, when i apply for finance will I be told of how much i will be getting, and when?
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, when i apply for finance will I be told of how much i will be getting, and when?

Hi YT6789,

Applications can take between four and six weeks to process, once your application is approved you will be advised of your entitlement.

To estimate how much you will receive, here is a link to The Student Finance England Calculator,

https://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Regards Rona
Catherine SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi YT6789,

When your application has been approved, we will send you a notification of entitlement letter, you can also view your entitlement on your online account.

Thanks

Catherine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads