The Student Room Group

Work Experience Year 12

I'm planning on studying medicine at university and in currently in Year 12 studying A levels in Bio, Chen and English. I currently have a placement for 5 days shadowing a physiotherapist by visiting old people's homes and care homes. I feel like it's pretty boring and a real waste of time as mostly I'm just sat in the office for hours. Also it is the easter holidays and I feel like I should be resting or catching up with some of my studies. Do you guys think this is a good opportunity I have? Or I should just not turn up for the next 4 days? Thanks
Original post by Akif2001
I'm planning on studying medicine at university and in currently in Year 12 studying A levels in Bio, Chen and English. I currently have a placement for 5 days shadowing a physiotherapist by visiting old people's homes and care homes. I feel like it's pretty boring and a real waste of time as mostly I'm just sat in the office for hours. Also it is the easter holidays and I feel like I should be resting or catching up with some of my studies. Do you guys think this is a good opportunity I have? Or I should just not turn up for the next 4 days? Thanks

Any experience is good experience. I did work experience at the same hospital twice in different wards (first time was a bit boring but the second was a lot more interesting). You may learn something new and also most people think that healthcare is just doctors and nurses. There are lots of different roles that make up the multidisciplinary team. Make sure you ask lots of questions and ask if you can speak to some patients. Remember quality over quality, you may learn something that really motivates on this placement. Have fun

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending